A simple procedure for computing strong constrained egalitarian allocations
This paper deals with the strong constrained egalitarian solution introduced by Dutta and Ray (1991). We show that this solution yields the weak constrained egalitarian allocations (Dutta and Ray, 1989) associated to a finite family of convex games. This relationship makes it possible to define a systematic way of computing the strong constrained egalitarian allocations for any arbitrary game, using the well-known Dutta-Rayís algorithm for convex games. We also characterize non-emptiness and show that the set of strong constrained egalitarian allocations Lorenz dominates every other point in the equal division core (Selten, 1972).
|Date of creation:||Jan 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ramon Trias Fargas, 25-27, 08005 Barcelona|
Phone: +34 93 542-1222
Fax: +34 93 542-1223
Web page: http://www.barcelonagse.eu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anindya Bhattacharya, 2004. "On the equal division core," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 22(2), pages 391-399, 04.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Ray, Debraj, 1991. "Constrained egalitarian allocations," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 403-422, November.
- Klijn, Flip & Slikker, Marco & Tijs, Stef & Zarzuelo, Jose, 2000.
"The egalitarian solution for convex games: some characterizations,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 111-121, July.
- Klijn, F. & Slikker, M. & Tijs, S.H. & Zarzuelo, I., 2000. "The egalitarian solution for convex games : Some characterizations," Other publications TiSEM 614b77cd-430c-4048-856f-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Ray, Debraj, 1989. "A Concept of Egalitarianism under Participation Constraints," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 615-635, May.
- Arin, Javier & Kuipers, Jeroen & Vermeulen, Dries, 2003. "Some characterizations of egalitarian solutions on classes of TU-games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 327-345, December.
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Lars Thorlund-Petersen & Bezalel Peleg, 2001. "On the set of Lorenz-maximal imputations in the core of a balanced game," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 30(2), pages 147-165.
- Dutta, B, 1990. "The Egalitarian Solution and Reduced Game Properties in Convex Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 19(2), pages 153-169.
- Javier Arin & Elena Inarra, 2001. "Egalitarian solutions in the core," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 30(2), pages 187-193.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bge:wpaper:327. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruno Guallar)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.