An Alternative Formula to Price American Options
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Broadie, Mark & Detemple, Jerome, 1996.
"American Option Valuation: New Bounds, Approximations, and a Comparison of Existing Methods,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, pages 1211-1250.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 1995. "Testing Continuous-Time Models of the Spot Interest Rate," NBER Working Papers 5346, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bladt, Mogens & Rydberg, Tina Hviid, 1998. "An actuarial approach to option pricing under the physical measure and without market assumptions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, pages 65-73.
- Sergei Levendorskii, 2004. "The American put and European options near expiry, under Levy processes," Papers cond-mat/0404103, arXiv.org.
- Peter Carr & Robert Jarrow & Ravi Myneni, 2008.
"Alternative Characterizations Of American Put Options,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 5, pages 85-103
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Peter Carr & Robert Jarrow & Ravi Myneni, 1992. "Alternative Characterizations Of American Put Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 87-106.
- Rocío Elizondo & Pablo Padilla, 2008. "An Analytical Approach to Merton’s Rational Option Pricing Theory," Working Papers 2008-03, Banco de México.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 1988. "Preferences, Continuity, and the Arbitrage Pricing Theory," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, pages 159-172.
- Geske, Robert & Johnson, Herb E, 1984. " The American Put Option Valued Analytically," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(5), pages 1511-1524, December.
- Francesc Llerena-Garrés, 2000. "Una nota sobre valoración de opciones americanas y arbitraje," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 24(1), pages 207-218, January.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt43n1k4jb, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
More about this item
KeywordsAmerican options; Fokker-Planck; Black-Scholes; Samuelson; density probability function.;
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2009-09-05 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-RMG-2009-09-05 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdm:wpaper:2009-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dirección de Sistemas). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bangvmx.html .