The Effects of the Exchange Rate on Investment: Evidence from Canadian Manufacturing Industries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Campa, Jose & Goldberg, Linda S., 1995.
"Investment in manufacturing, exchange rates and external exposure,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 297-320, May.
- Goldberg, L.S. & Campa, J., 1993. "Investment in Manufacturing, Exchange-Rate and External Exposure," Working Papers 93-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Jose Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 1993. "Investment in Manufacturing, Exchange-Rates and External Exposure," NBER Working Papers 4378, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gilchrist, Simon & Himmelberg, Charles P., 1995.
"Evidence on the role of cash flow for investment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 541-572, December.
- Simon Gilchrist & Charles P. Himmelberg, 1993. "Evidence on the role of cash flow for investment," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-7, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Simon Gilchrist & Charles P. Himmelberg, 1995. "Evidence on the Role of Cash Flow for Investment," Working Papers 95-01, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Gilchrist, S. & Himmelberg, C.P., 1995. "Evidence on the Role of Cash Flow for Investment," Papers 95-29, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Robert Lafrance & Pierre St-Amant, 1999. "Real Exchange Rate Indexes for the Canadian Dollar," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 1999(Autumn), pages 19-28.
- Clarida, Richard H, 1997.
"The Real Exchange Rate and US Manufacturing Profits: A Theoretical Framework with Some Empirical Support,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(3), pages 177-187, July.
- Richard H. Clarida, 1992. "The real exchange rate and US manufacturing profits: a theoretical framework with some empirical support," Research Paper 9214, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- R. Glenn Hubbard, 1998. "Capital-Market Imperfections and Investment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 193-225, March.
- Hodrick, Robert J., 1989. "Risk, uncertainty, and exchange rates," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 433-459, May.
- Allayannis, George & Ihrig, Jane, 2001. "Exposure and Markups," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(3), pages 805-835.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Taylor, John B., 2000. "Low inflation, pass-through, and the pricing power of firms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1389-1408, June.
- Allayannis, George & Ofek, Eli, 2001. "Exchange rate exposure, hedging, and the use of foreign currency derivatives," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 273-296, April.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Judson, Ruth A. & Owen, Ann L., 1999. "Estimating dynamic panel data models: a guide for macroeconomists," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 9-15, October.
- Yang, Jiawen, 1998. "Pricing-to-market in U.S. imports and exports: A time series and cross-sessional study," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 843-861.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Luigi Zingales, 1997. "Do Investment-Cash Flow Sensitivities Provide Useful Measures of Financing Constraints?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 169-215.
- Schaller, Huntley, 2006. "Estimating the long-run user cost elasticity," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 725-736, May.
- Danny Leung & Terence Yuen, 2010.
"Do exchange rates affect the capital-labour ratio? Panel evidence from Canadian manufacturing industries,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(20), pages 2519-2535.
- Danny Leung & Terence Yuen, 2005. "Do Exchange Rates Affect the Capital-Labour Ratio? Panel Evidence from Canadian Manufacturing Industries," Staff Working Papers 05-12, Bank of Canada.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mustafa Caglayan & Rebeca Muñoz Torres, 2011.
"The Effect of the Exchange Rates on Investment in Mexican Manufacturing Industry,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 669-683, September.
- Caglayan, Mustafa & Muñoz Torres, Rebeca I., 2008. "The Effect of the Exchange Rates on Investment in Mexican Manufacturing Industry," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 846, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Carolina Troncoso Baltar & Celio Hiratuka & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2014.
"Investment in the Brazilian manufacturing industry and the real exchange rate: An investigation using sectoral-level panel data,"
Competence Centre on Money, Trade, Finance and Development
1408, Hochschule fuer Technik und Wirtschaft, Berlin.
- Carolina Troncoso Baltar & Celio Hiratuka & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2016. "Investment In The Brazilian Manufacturing Industry And The Real Exchange Rate: An Investigation Using Sectoral-Level Panel Data," Anais do XLII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 42nd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 141, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Eliane Cristina de Araújo, 2011.
"Volatilidade Cambial e Crescimento Econômico: Teorias e Evidências para Economias em Desenvolvimento e Emergentes (1980 e 2007),"
ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 12(2), pages 187-213.
- Eliane Cristina de Araújo, 2011. "Volatilidade Cambial eCrescimento Econômico: Teorias e Evidencias para Economias emDesenvolvimento e Emergentes (1980 e 2007)," Anais do XXXVII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 37th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 105, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Badeeb, Ramez Abubakr & Lean, Hooi Hooi & Smyth, Russell, 2016.
"Oil curse and finance–growth nexus in Malaysia: The role of investment,"
Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 154-165.
- Ramez Abubakr Badeeb & Hooi Hooi Lean & Russell Smyth, 2016. "Oil Curse and Finance-Growth Nexus in Malaysia: The Role of Investment," Monash Economics Working Papers 26-16, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Abdur R. Chowdhury & Mark Wheeler, 2015. "The impact of output and exchange rate volatility on fixed private investment: evidence from selected G7 countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(25), pages 2628-2641, May.
- Ibrahima Amadou DIALLO, 2015.
"Exchange Rate Volatility and Investment: A Panel Data Cointegration Approach,"
Expert Journal of Economics,
Sprint Investify, vol. 3(2), pages 127-135.
- Diallo, Ibrahima Amadou, 2007. "Exchange rate volatility and investment: a panel data cointegration approach," MPRA Paper 5364, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Diallo, Ibrahima Amadou, 2008. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Investment, A Panel Data Cointegration Approach," MPRA Paper 13130, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- BAHMANI-OSKOOEE, Mohsen & HALICIOGLU, Ferda & Neumann, Rebecca, 2016. "Domestic Investment Responses to Changes in the Real Exchange Rate: Asymmetries of Appreciation versus Depreciation," MPRA Paper 82941, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Apr 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsExchange rates; Domestic demand and components;
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-09-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2005-09-02 (Business Economics)
- NEP-FMK-2005-09-02 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-IFN-2005-09-02 (International Finance)
- NEP-TID-2005-09-02 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:05-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/ .