Removing Moral Hazard and Agency Costs in Banks: Beyond CoCo Bonds
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward Simpson Prescott, 2012. "Contingent capital: the trigger problem," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue 1Q, pages 33-50.
- Elroy Dimson & Bernd Hanke, 2004.
"The Expected Illiquidity Premium: Evidence from Equity Index-Linked Bonds,"
Review of Finance,
Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 19-47.
- Elroy Dimson & Bernd Hanke, 2004. "The Expected Illiquidity Premium: Evidence from Equity Index-Linked Bonds," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 8(1), pages 19-47.
- Williamson, Oliver, 2009.
"The Theory of the Firm as Governance Structure: From Choice to Contract,"
Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 6, pages 111-134, December.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 2002. "The Theory of the Firm as Governance Structure: From Choice to Contract," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 171-195, Summer.
- Paul Glasserman & Behzad Nouri, 2012. "Contingent Capital with a Capital-Ratio Trigger," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(10), pages 1816-1833, October.
- Suresh Sundaresan & Zhenyu Wang, 2010. "Design of contingent capital with a stock price trigger for mandatory conversion," Staff Reports 448, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Koziol, Christian & Lawrenz, Jochen, 2012. "Contingent convertibles. Solving or seeding the next banking crisis?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 90-104.
- Kenjiro Hori & Jorge Martin Ceron, 2015. "Optimal Volatility, Covenants and Cost of Capital Under Basel III Bail-in," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1502, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Berg, Tobias & Kaserer, Christoph, 2015.
"Does contingent capital induce excessive risk-taking?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 356-385.
- Berg, Tobias & Kaserer, Christoph, 2015. "Does contingent capital induce excessive risk-taking?," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 488, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Hilscher, Jens & Raviv, Alon, 2014.
"Bank stability and market discipline: The effect of contingent capital on risk taking and default probability,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 542-560.
- Jens Hilscher & Alon Raviv, 2012. "Bank stability and market discipline: The effect of contingent capital on risk taking and default probability," Working Papers 53, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School, revised Jan 2014.
- Allan C. Eberhart & Lemma W. Senbet, 1993. "Absolute Priority Rule Violations and Risk Incentives for Financially Distressed Firms," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(3), Fall.
- Kenjiro Hori & Jorge Martin Ceron, 2014. "Agency Costs of Bail-in," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1407, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
More about this item
KeywordsCoCo bond; agency costs; moral hazard; bail-in; cost of equity.;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2016-06-04 (Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2016-06-04 (Corporate Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bbk:bbkefp:1603. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.ems.bbk.ac.uk/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.