Financial ratios and the prediction of bankruptcy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Altman, Edward I. & Haldeman, Robert G. & Narayanan, P., 1977. "ZETATM analysis A new model to identify bankruptcy risk of corporations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 29-54, June.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- Milos Sprcic, Danijela & Klepac, Marija & Suman, Paola, 2013. "THE APPLICABILITY OF THE EDMISTER MODEL FOR THE ASSESSMENT OF CREDIT RISK IN CROATIAN SMEs," UTMS Journal of Economics, University of Tourism and Management, Skopje, Macedonia, vol. 4(2), pages 163-174.
- Ohlson, Ja, 1980. "Financial Ratios And The Probabilistic Prediction Of Bankruptcy," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 109-131.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lin, Hsiou-Wei William & Lo, Huai-Chun & Wu, Ruei-Shian, 2016. "Modeling default prediction with earnings management," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 306-322.
- Mahfuzur Rahman & Cheong Li Sa & Md. Abdul Kaium Masud, 2021. "Predicting Firms’ Financial Distress: An Empirical Analysis Using the F-Score Model," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(5), pages 1-16, May.
- Adriana Csikosova & Maria Janoskova & Katarina Culkova, 2020. "Application of Discriminant Analysis for Avoiding the Risk of Quarry Operation Failure," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(10), pages 1-14, September.
- WILLIAM HOPWOOD & JAMES C. McKEOWN & JANE F. MUTCHLER, 1994. "A Reexamination of Auditor versus Model Accuracy within the Context of the Goingâ€ Concern Opinion Decision," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 10(2), pages 409-431, March.
- Kim, Hong Sik & Sohn, So Young, 2010. "Support vector machines for default prediction of SMEs based on technology credit," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(3), pages 838-846, March.
- Dimitris Mokas & Rob Nijskens, 2019.
"Credit risk in commercial real estate bank loans: the role of idiosyncratic versus macro-economic factors,"
DNB Working Papers
653, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Nijskens, Rob & Mokas, Dimitris, 2019. "Credit Risk in Commercial Real Estate Bank Loans : The Role of Idiosyncratic versus Macro-Economic Factors," Other publications TiSEM ea4f2f0e-dc50-4987-91d3-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- du Jardin, Philippe & Séverin, Eric, 2011.
"Predicting corporate bankruptcy using a self-organizing map: An empirical study to improve the forecasting horizon of a financial failure model,"
44262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- P. Du Jardin & E. Séverin, 2011. "Predicting Corporate Bankruptcy Using Self-Organising map: An empirical study to Improve the Forecasting horizon of financial failure model," Post-Print hal-00801878, HAL.
- Catherine Refait, 2004.
"La prévision de la faillite fondée sur l’analyse financière de l’entreprise : un état des lieux,"
Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 162(1), pages 129-147.
- Catherine Refait-Alexandre, 2004. "La prévision de la faillite fondée sur l'analyse financière de l'entreprise : un état des lieux," Economie & Prévision, La Documentation Française, vol. 162(1), pages 129-147.
- Agarwal, Vineet & Taffler, Richard, 2008. "Comparing the performance of market-based and accounting-based bankruptcy prediction models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1541-1551, August.
- Malcolm Smith & Yun Ren & Yinan Dong, 2011. "The predictive ability of “conservatism” and “governance” variables in corporate financial disclosures," Asian Review of Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(2), pages 171-185, July.
- Chiuling Lu & Ann Yang & Jui-Feng Huang, 2015. "Bankruptcy predictions for U.S. air carrier operations: a study of financial data," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 39(3), pages 574-589, July.
- Poon, Winnie P. H. & Firth, Michael & Fung, Hung-Gay, 1999. "A multivariate analysis of the determinants of Moody's bank financial strength ratings," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 267-283, August.
- repec:ath:journl:tome:34:v:2:y:2014:i:34:p:99-109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adriana Csikosova & Maria Janoskova & Katarina Culkova, 2019. "Limitation of Financial Health Prediction in Companies from Post-Communist Countries," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Harvey R. Crapp & Maxwell Stevenson, 1987. "Development of a Method to Assess the Relevant Variables and the Probability of Financial Distress," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 12(2), pages 221-236, December.
- Cakir, Murat, 2005. "Firma Başarısızlığının Dinamiklerinin Belirlenmesinde Makina Öğrenmesi Teknikleri: Ampirik Uygulamalar ve Karşılaştırmalı Analiz [Machine Learning Techniques in Determining the Dynamics of Corporat," MPRA Paper 55975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amin Jan & Maran Marimuthu & Muhammad Kashif Shad & Haseeb ur-Rehman & Muhammad Zahid & Ahmad Ali Jan, 2019. "Bankruptcy profile of the Islamic and conventional banks in Malaysia: a post-crisis period analysis," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 67-87, February.
- Mohammed Issah & Samuel Antwi, 2017. "Role of macroeconomic variables on firms’ performance: Evidence from the UK," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1405581-140, January.
- Sohn, So Young & Kim, Hong Sik, 2007. "Random effects logistic regression model for default prediction of technology credit guarantee fund," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(1), pages 472-478, November.
- FayÃ§al Mraihi, 2016. "Distressed Company Prediction Using Logistic Regression: Tunisianâ€™s Case," Quarterly Journal of Business Studies, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 2(1), pages 34-54.
- Hu, Yu-Chiang & Ansell, Jake, 2007. "Measuring retail company performance using credit scoring techniques," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(3), pages 1595-1606, December.
More about this item
KeywordsKappa test; Altman’s z-score; Edmister’s z-score; predictability power; prediction of bankruptcy;
All these keywords.
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aze:wpaper:1705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nbagvaz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nbagvaz.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.