Regional Convergence in Portugal: Policy Impacts (1990-2001)
In this study we look at whether the seven Portuguese NUTS II regions have been able to share equally in the country’s overall growth or whether there have been asymmetries and divergences in their growth patterns. We assess the regional impact of a wide range of Portuguese domestic policies on cohesion. We focus mainly on regional economic cohesion, although social cohesion effects are also considered. As in the case of Portugal structural operations within the community framework programmes and national efforts were highly intertwined, we also contrast the impact of Community policies in two regions.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Campus Universitario de Santiago, 3810-193 Aveiro|
Phone: +351 234 370 361
Fax: +351 234 370 215
Web page: http://www.ua.pt/degeit/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brian Ardy & Iain Begg & Waltraud Schelkle & Francisco Torres, 2002.
"How will EMU affect cohesion?,"
Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy,
Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 37(6), pages 300-314, November.
- Brian Ardy & Iain Begg & Waltraud Schelkle & Francisco Torres, 2003. "How will EMU affect Cohesion?," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 06, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
- Aadne Cappelen & Fulvio Castellacci & Jan Fagerberg & Bart Verspagen, 2003. "The Impact of EU Regional Support on Growth and Convergence in the European Union," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41, pages 621-644, 09.
- Miguel Freitas & Filipa Pereira & Francisco Torres, 2003. "Convergence among EU regions, 1990–2001," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 38(5), pages 270-275, September.
- Carlino, Gerald A. & Mills, Leonard O., 1993. "Are U.S. regional incomes converging? : A time series analysis," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 335-346, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ave:wpaper:352005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marta Ferreira Dias)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.