Airline Competition and Network Structure
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marco Alderighi & Alessandro Cento & Peter Nijkamp & Piet Rietveld, 2005. "Network competition - the co-existence of hub-and-spoke and point-to-point," ERSA conference papers ersa05p703, European Regional Science Association.
- Jan Brueckner & Ricardo Flores-Fillol, 2007. "Airline Schedule Competition," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(3), pages 161-177, May.
- Ken Hendricks & Michele Piccione & Guofu Tan, 1999.
"Equilibria in Networks,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1407-1434, November.
- Hendricks, K. & Piccione, M. & Tan, G., 1997. "Equilibria in networks," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9717, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Brueckner, Jan K & Whalen, W Tom, 2000. "The Price Effects of International Airline Alliances," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 503-545, October.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Spiller, Pablo T., 1991. "Competition and mergers in airline networks," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 323-342, September.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2004. "Network Structure and Airline Scheduling," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 291-312, June.
- Barla, Philippe & Constantatos, Christos, 2005. "Strategic interactions and airline network morphology under demand uncertainty," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 703-716, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bilotkach, Volodymyr & Fageda, Xavier & Flores-Fillol, Ricardo, 2010.
"Scheduled service versus personal transportation: The role of distance,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 60-72, January.
- Volodymyr Bilotkach & Xavier Fageda & Ricardo Flores-Fillol, 2008. "Scheduled service versus personal transportation: the role of distance," Working Papers XREAP2008-13, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Dec 2008.
- Volodymir BilotKach & Xavier Fageda & Ricardo Flores-Fillol, 2009. "Scheduled service versus personal transportation: the role of distance," Working Papers 2009-10, FEDEA.
- Bilotkach, Volodymyr & Fageda, Xavier & Flores-Fillol, Ricardo, 2009. "Scheduled Service Versus Personal Transportation: The Role of Distance," Working Papers 2072/15846, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsfully-connected networks; hub-and-spoke networks; brand loyalty; fully-served markets; partially-served markets;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-03-24 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2007-03-24 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-IND-2007-03-24 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2007-03-24 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-NET-2007-03-24 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aub:autbar:683.07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ufuabes.html .