The Chi-Compromise Value For Non-Transferable Utility Games
We introduce a compromise value for non-transferable utility games: the Chi-compromise value. It is closely related to the Compromise value introduced by Borm, Keiding, McLean, Oortwijn, and Tijs (1992), to the MC-value introduced by Otten, Borm, Peleg, and Tijs (1998), and to the Ω-value introduced by Bergantiños, Casas-Méndez, and Vázquez-Brage (2000). The main difference being that the maximal aspiration a player may have in the game is his maximal (among all coalitions) marginal contribution. We show that it is well defined on the class of totally essential and non-level games. We propose an extensive-form game whose subgame perfect Nash equilibrium payoffs coincide with the Chi-compromise value. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2002
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 08193, Bellaterra, Barcelona|
Phone: 34 93 592 1203
Fax: +34 93 542-1223
Web page: http://pareto.uab.cat
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Borm, P. & Keiding, H. & McLean, R.P., 1992.
"The Compromise Value for NTU-Games,"
9218, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Keiding, H. & McLean, R.P. & Oortwijn, S. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "The compromise value for NTU-games," Other publications TiSEM cb1df340-6f44-4cb5-ae3b-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Keiding, H. & McLean, R.P. & Oortwijn, S. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "The compromise value for NTU-games," Discussion Paper 1992-18, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1996.
"Bargaining and Value,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 357-80, March.
- Aumann, Robert J, 1985. "An Axiomatization of the Non-transferable Utility Value," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(3), pages 599-612, May.
- Bezalel Peleg & Stef Tijs & Peter Borm & Gert-Jan Otten, 1998.
"The MC-value for monotonic NTU-games,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 27(1), pages 37-47.
- Hart, Sergiu & Kurz, Mordecai, 1983. "Endogenous Formation of Coalitions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1047-64, July.
- Shapley, Lloyd S. & Shubik, Martin, 1969. "On market games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 9-25, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aub:autbar:456.00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xavier Vila)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.