Information and the evolution of the utility function
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN MADISON, SOCIAL SYSTEMS RESEARCH INSTITUTE(S.S.R.I.), MADISON WISCONSIN 53706 U.S.A.|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amos Tversky & Itamar Simonson, 1993. "Context-Dependent Preferences," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1179-1189, October.
- Elster, Jon, 1985. "Weakness of will and the free-rider problem," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 293-294, December.
- W. Pesendorfer & F. Gul, 1999.
"Self-Control and the Theory of Consumption,"
Princeton Economic Theory Papers
99f2, Economics Department, Princeton University.
- Ted O'Donoghue & Matthew Rabin, 1997.
"Incentives for Procrastinators,"
1181, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Andrew Postlewaite, .
"The Social Basis of Interdependent Preferences,"
Penn CARESS Working Papers
6bd000503382ae2f0b90d25e3, Penn Economics Department.
- Thaler, Richard H & Shefrin, H M, 1981.
"An Economic Theory of Self-Control,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 392-406, April.
- Laibson, David I., 2000.
"A Cue-Theory of Consumption,"
4481496, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rubinstein, A., 2000.
"Is it "Economics and Psychology"?: the Case of Hyperbolic Discounting,"
2000-21, Tel Aviv.
- Rubinstein, A., 2000. "Is it "Economics and Psychology"?: the Case of Hyperbolic Discounting," Papers 00-21, Tel Aviv.
- Ariel Rubinstein, 2000. "Is It 'Economics and Psychology?' : The Case of Hyperbolic Discounting," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7640, David K. Levine.
- Ariel Rubinstein, 2010. "Is it 'Economics and Psychology'?: The Case of Hyperbolic Discounting," NajEcon Working Paper Reviews 625018000000000219, www.najecon.org.
- Hansson, Ingemar & Stuart, Charles, 1990. "Malthusian Selection of Preferences," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 529-44, June.
- Ted O'Donoghue & Matthew Rabin, 1996.
"Doing It Now or Later,"
1172, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Ted O'Donoghue and Matthew Rabin ., 1997. "Doing It Now or Later," Economics Working Papers 97-253, University of California at Berkeley.
- O'Donoghue, Ted & Rabin, Matthew, 1997. "Doing It Now or Later," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7t44m5b0, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Arthur J. Robson, 2001. "The Biological Basis of Economic Behavior," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(1), pages 11-33, March.
- George Loewenstein & Drazen Prelec, 1992. "Anomalies in Intertemporal Choice: Evidence and an Interpretation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 573-597.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1984. "Self-Command in Practice, in Policy, and in a Theory of Rational Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 1-11, May.
- Rogers, Alan R, 1994. "Evolution of Time Preference by Natural Selection," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 460-81, June.
- Elster, Jon, 1985. "Weakness of Will and the Free-Rider Problem," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(02), pages 231-265, October.
- Loewenstein, George & Thaler, Richard H, 1989. "Intertemporal Choice," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 181-93, Fall.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:att:wimass:20016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ailsenne Sumwalt)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.