A data-reconstructed fractional volatility model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Merton, 2005. "Theory of rational option pricing," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Fabienne Comte & Eric Renault, 1998.
"Long memory in continuous-time stochastic volatility models,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(4), pages 291-323.
- Comte, F. & Renault, E., 1996. "Long Memory in Continuous Time Stochastic Volatility Models," Papers 96.406, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A., 1976. "The valuation of options for alternative stochastic processes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 145-166.
- Eric Ghysels & Andrew Harvey & Éric Renault, 1995.
CIRANO Working Papers
- Ghysels, E. & Harvey, A. & Renault, E., 1996. "Stochastic Volatility," Cahiers de recherche 9613, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- GHYSELS, Eric & HARVEY, Andrew & RENAULT, Eric, 1995. "Stochastic Volatility," CORE Discussion Papers 1995069, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ghysels, E. & Harvey, A. & Renault, E., 1996. "Stochastic Volatility," Cahiers de recherche 9613, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Ghysels, E. & Harvey, A. & Renault, E., 1995. "Stochastic Volatility," Papers 95.400, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Juuso Toyli & Marko Sysi-aho & Kimmo Kaski, 2004. "Models of asset returns: changes of pattern from high to low event frequency," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 373-382.
- R. Vilela Mendes & R. Lima & T. Araujo, 2001. "A process-reconstruction analysis of market fluctuations," Papers cond-mat/0102301, arXiv.org.
- Breidt, F. Jay & Crato, Nuno & de Lima, Pedro, 1998. "The detection and estimation of long memory in stochastic volatility," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1-2), pages 325-348.
- Stephen J. Taylor, 1994. "Modeling Stochastic Volatility: A Review And Comparative Study," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 183-204.
- Silva, A. Christian & Prange, Richard E. & Yakovenko, Victor M., 2004.
"Exponential distribution of financial returns at mesoscopic time lags: a new stylized fact,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 344(1), pages 227-235.
- A. Christian Silva & Richard E. Prange & Victor M. Yakovenko, 2004. "Exponential distribution of financial returns at mesoscopic time lags: a new stylized fact," Papers cond-mat/0401225, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2004.
- Y. Malevergne & V. F. Pisarenko & D. Sornette, 2003. "Empirical Distributions of Log-Returns: between the Stretched Exponential and the Power Law?," Papers physics/0305089, arXiv.org.
- Y. Malevergne & V. Pisarenko & D. Sornette, 2005. "Empirical distributions of stock returns: between the stretched exponential and the power law?," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 379-401.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- R. F. Engle & A. J. Patton, 2001. "What good is a volatility model?," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 237-245.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Archil Gulisashvili, 2017. "Large deviation principle for Volterra type fractional stochastic volatility models," Papers 1710.10711, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2018.
- Philipp Harms & David Stefanovits, 2015. "Affine representations of fractional processes with applications in mathematical finance," Papers 1510.04061, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2018.
- Li Meng & Mei Wang, 2010. "Comparison of Black–Scholes Formula with Fractional Black–Scholes Formula in the Foreign Exchange Option Market with Changing Volatility," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 17(2), pages 99-111, June.
- Vilela Mendes, R. & Oliveira, M.J. & Rodrigues, A.M., 2015. "No-arbitrage, leverage and completeness in a fractional volatility model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 419(C), pages 470-478.
More about this item
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:math/0602013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .