Extending the Heston Model to Forecast Motor Vehicle Collision Rates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Najaf, Pooya & Thill, Jean-Claude & Zhang, Wenjia & Fields, Milton Greg, 2018. "City-level urban form and traffic safety: A structural equation modeling analysis of direct and indirect effects," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 257-270.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005.
"A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Sudipto Bhattacharya & George M Constantinides (ed.), Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Arismendi, Juan C. & Back, Janis & Prokopczuk, Marcel & Paschke, Raphael & Rudolf, Markus, 2016.
"Seasonal Stochastic Volatility: Implications for the pricing of commodity options,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 53-65.
- Janis Back & Marcel Prokopczuk & Markus Rudolf, 2011. "Seasonal Stochastic Volatility: Implications for the Pricing of Commodity Options," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2011-16, Henley Business School, University of Reading.
- Claus, Stefan & Wiltshire, Chris & Silk, Nicholas, 2017. "Potential impacts of autonomous vehicles on the UK insurance sector," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 57(1), pages 40-48.
- Clifford Winston & Vikram Maheshri & Fred Mannering, 2006. "An exploration of the offset hypothesis using disaggregate data: The case of airbags and antilock brakes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 83-99, March.
- Fabian Pütz & Finbarr Murphy & Martin Mullins, 2019. "Driving to a future without accidents? Connected automated vehicles’ impact on accident frequency and motor insurance risk," Environment Systems and Decisions, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 383-395, December.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Grzelak, Lech & Oosterlee, Kees, 2009. "On The Heston Model with Stochastic Interest Rates," MPRA Paper 20620, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Jan 2010.
- Kröger, Lars & Kuhnimhof, Tobias & Trommer, Stefan, 2019. "Does context matter? A comparative study modelling autonomous vehicle impact on travel behaviour for Germany and the USA," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 146-161.
- Albert C. Bemmaor & Nicolas Glady, 2012. "Modeling Purchasing Behavior with Sudden "Death": A Flexible Customer Lifetime Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(5), pages 1012-1021, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Darren Shannon & Grigorios Fountas, 2022. "Amending the Heston Stochastic Volatility Model to Forecast Local Motor Vehicle Crash Rates: A Case Study of Washington, D.C," Papers 2203.01729, arXiv.org.
- Nemanja Deretić & Dragan Stanimirović & Mohammed Al Awadh & Nikola Vujanović & Aleksandar Djukić, 2022. "SARIMA Modelling Approach for Forecasting of Traffic Accidents," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(8), pages 1-18, April.
- Bianca Reichert & Adriano Mendonça Souza, 2022. "Can the Heston Model Forecast Energy Generation? A Systematic Literature Review," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 12(1), pages 289-295.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Roman Horsky & Tilman Sayer, 2015. "Joining The Heston And A Three-Factor Short Rate Model: A Closed-Form Approach," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 18(08), pages 1-17, December.
- Andrei Cozma & Matthieu Mariapragassam & Christoph Reisinger, 2015. "Convergence of an Euler scheme for a hybrid stochastic-local volatility model with stochastic rates in foreign exchange markets," Papers 1501.06084, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2016.
- Ziveyi, Jonathan & Blackburn, Craig & Sherris, Michael, 2013. "Pricing European options on deferred annuities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 300-311.
- Andrei Cozma & Christoph Reisinger, 2015. "Exponential integrability properties of Euler discretization schemes for the Cox-Ingersoll-Ross process," Papers 1601.00919, arXiv.org.
- Long Teng & Matthias Ehrhardt & Michael Günther, 2016. "On The Heston Model With Stochastic Correlation," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(06), pages 1-25, September.
- Ah-Reum Han & Jeong-Hoon Kim & See-Woo Kim, 2021. "Variance Swaps with Deterministic and Stochastic Correlations," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 57(4), pages 1059-1092, April.
- Baron Law, 2021. "Correlation Estimation in Hybrid Systems," Papers 2111.06042, arXiv.org, revised May 2023.
- Singor, Stefan N. & Grzelak, Lech A. & van Bragt, David D.B. & Oosterlee, Cornelis W., 2013. "Pricing inflation products with stochastic volatility and stochastic interest rates," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 286-299.
- Lech A. Grzelak & Cornelis W. Oosterlee, 2012.
"On Cross-Currency Models with Stochastic Volatility and Correlated Interest Rates,"
Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 1-35, February.
- Grzelak, Lech & Oosterlee, Kees, 2010. "On cross-currency models with stochastic volatility and correlated interest rates," MPRA Paper 23020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benjamin Tin Chun Cheng, 2017. "Pricing and Hedging of Long-Dated Commodity Derivatives," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 2-2017.
- Maya Briani & Lucia Caramellino & Giulia Terenzi & Antonino Zanette, 2016. "Numerical stability of a hybrid method for pricing options," Papers 1603.07225, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2019.
- Maya Briani & Lucia Caramellino & Giulia Terenzi & Antonino Zanette, 2019. "Numerical Stability Of A Hybrid Method For Pricing Options," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(07), pages 1-46, November.
- Lorenz Schneider & Bertrand Tavin, 2015. "Seasonal Stochastic Volatility and Correlation together with the Samuelson Effect in Commodity Futures Markets," Papers 1506.05911, arXiv.org.
- Long Teng, 2021. "The Heston Model with Time-Dependent Correlation Driven by Isospectral Flows," Mathematics, MDPI, vol. 9(9), pages 1-8, April.
- Lorenz Schneider & Bertrand Tavin, 2018. "Seasonal Stochastic Volatility and the Samuelson Effect in Agricultural Futures Markets," Papers 1802.01393, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2018.
- Teh Raihana Nazirah Roslan & Wenjun Zhang & Jiling Cao, 2016. "Pricing variance swaps with stochastic volatility and stochastic interest rate under full correlation structure," Papers 1610.09714, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2020.
- Branger, Nicole & Herold, Michael & Muck, Matthias, 2021. "International stochastic discount factors and covariance risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 123(C).
- repec:uts:finphd:37 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grzelak, Lech & Oosterlee, Kees, 2010. "An Equity-Interest Rate Hybrid Model With Stochastic Volatility and the Interest Rate Smile," MPRA Paper 20574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrei Cozma & Christoph Reisinger, 2015. "A mixed Monte Carlo and PDE variance reduction method for foreign exchange options under the Heston-CIR model," Papers 1509.01479, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2016.
- Yang, Nian & Chen, Nan & Wan, Xiangwei, 2019. "A new delta expansion for multivariate diffusions via the Itô-Taylor expansion," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 209(2), pages 256-288.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CMP-2021-05-03 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-FOR-2021-05-03 (Forecasting)
- NEP-RMG-2021-05-03 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:2104.11461. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: arXiv administrators (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.