A family of density expansions for L\'evy-type processes
We consider a defaultable asset whose risk-neutral pricing dynamics are described by an exponential Levy-type martingale subject to default. This class of models allows for local volatility, local default intensity, and a locally dependent Levy measure. Generalizing and extending the novel adjoint expansion technique of Pagliarani, Pascucci, and Riga (2013), we derive a family of asymptotic expansions for the transition density of the underlying as well as for European-style option prices and defaultable bond prices. For the density expansion, we also provide error bounds for the truncated asymptotic series. Our method is numerically efficient; approximate transition densities and European option prices are computed via Fourier transforms; approximate bond prices are computed as finite series. Additionally, as in Pagliarani et al. (2013), for models with Gaussian-type jumps, approximate option prices can be computed in closed form. Sample Mathematica code is provided.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthew Lorig & Stefano Pagliarani & Andrea Pascucci, 2013. "Pricing approximations and error estimates for local L\'evy-type models with default," Papers 1304.1849, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2014.
- Peter Christoffersen & Kris Jacobs & Chayawat Ornthanalai, 2009. "Exploring Time-Varying Jump Intensities: Evidence from S&P500 Returns and Options," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-34, CIRANO.
- Peter Carr & Vadim Linetsky, 2006. "A jump to default extended CEV model: an application of Bessel processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 303-330, September.
- Agostino Capponi & Stefano Pagliarani & Tiziano Vargiolu, 2014. "Pricing vulnerable claims in a Lévy-driven model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 755-789, October.
- Bjørn Eraker, 2004. "Do Stock Prices and Volatility Jump? Reconciling Evidence from Spot and Option Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(3), pages 1367-1404, 06.
- Pagliarani, Stefano & Pascucci, Andrea, 2011. "Analytical approximation of the transition density in a local volatility model," MPRA Paper 31107, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1312.7328. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.