A family of density expansions for L\'evy-type processes
We consider a defaultable asset whose risk-neutral pricing dynamics are described by an exponential Levy-type martingale subject to default. This class of models allows for local volatility, local default intensity, and a locally dependent Levy measure. Generalizing and extending the novel adjoint expansion technique of Pagliarani, Pascucci, and Riga (2013), we derive a family of asymptotic expansions for the transition density of the underlying as well as for European-style option prices and defaultable bond prices. For the density expansion, we also provide error bounds for the truncated asymptotic series. Our method is numerically efficient; approximate transition densities and European option prices are computed via Fourier transforms; approximate bond prices are computed as finite series. Additionally, as in Pagliarani et al. (2013), for models with Gaussian-type jumps, approximate option prices can be computed in closed form. Sample Mathematica code is provided.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthew Lorig & Stefano Pagliarani & Andrea Pascucci, 2013. "Pricing approximations and error estimates for local L\'evy-type models with default," Papers 1304.1849, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2014.
- Pagliarani, Stefano & Pascucci, Andrea, 2011. "Analytical approximation of the transition density in a local volatility model," MPRA Paper 31107, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Agostino Capponi & Stefano Pagliarani & Tiziano Vargiolu, 2014. "Pricing vulnerable claims in a Lévy-driven model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 755-789, October.
- Peter Christoffersen & Kris Jacobs & Chayawat Ornthanalai, 2009. "Exploring Time-Varying Jump Intensities: Evidence from S&P500 Returns and Options," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-34, CIRANO.
- Bjørn Eraker, 2004. "Do Stock Prices and Volatility Jump? Reconciling Evidence from Spot and Option Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(3), pages 1367-1404, 06.
- Peter Carr & Vadim Linetsky, 2006. "A jump to default extended CEV model: an application of Bessel processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 303-330, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1312.7328. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.