Explicit implied volatilities for multifactor local-stochastic volatility models
We consider an asset whose risk-neutral dynamics are described by a general class of local-stochastic volatility models and derive a family of asymptotic expansions for European-style option prices and implied volatilities. Our implied volatility expansions are explicit; they do not require any special functions nor do they require numerical integration. To illustrate the accuracy and versatility of our method, we implement it under five different model dynamics: CEV local volatility, quadratic local volatility, Heston stochastic volatility, $3/2$ stochastic volatility, and SABR local-stochastic volatility.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Martin Forde & Antoine Jacquier, 2009. "Small-Time Asymptotics For Implied Volatility Under The Heston Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(06), pages 861-876.
- Martin Forde & Antoine Jacquier, 2011. "Small-Time Asymptotics for an Uncorrelated Local-Stochastic Volatility Model," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 517-535, April.
- Matthew Lorig & Stefano Pagliarani & Andrea Pascucci, 2013. "Pricing approximations and error estimates for local L\'evy-type models with default," Papers 1304.1849, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2014.
- Leif Andersen, 2011. "Option pricing with quadratic volatility: a revisit," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 191-219, June.
- Jan Baldeaux & Alexander Badran, 2012.
"Consistent Modeling of VIX and Equity Derivatives Using a 3/2 Plus Jumps Model,"
Research Paper Series
306, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Jan Baldeaux & Alexander Badran, 2012. "Consistent Modeling of VIX and Equity Derivatives Using a 3/2 plus Jumps Model," Papers 1203.5903, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2012.
- Pagliarani, Stefano & Pascucci, Andrea, 2011. "Analytical approximation of the transition density in a local volatility model," MPRA Paper 31107, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1306.5447. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.