Explicit implied volatilities for multifactor local-stochastic volatility models
We consider an asset whose risk-neutral dynamics are described by a general class of local-stochastic volatility models and derive a family of asymptotic expansions for European-style option prices and implied volatilities. Our implied volatility expansions are explicit; they do not require any special functions nor do they require numerical integration. To illustrate the accuracy and versatility of our method, we implement it under five different model dynamics: CEV local volatility, quadratic local volatility, Heston stochastic volatility, $3/2$ stochastic volatility, and SABR local-stochastic volatility.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan Baldeaux & Alexander Badran, 2012.
"Consistent Modeling of VIX and Equity Derivatives Using a 3/2 plus Jumps Model,"
1203.5903, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2012.
- Jan Baldeaux & Alexander Badran, 2012. "Consistent Modeling of VIX and Equity Derivatives Using a 3/2 Plus Jumps Model," Research Paper Series 306, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Martin Forde & Antoine Jacquier, 2009. "Small-Time Asymptotics For Implied Volatility Under The Heston Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(06), pages 861-876.
- Matthew Lorig & Stefano Pagliarani & Andrea Pascucci, 2013. "Pricing approximations and error estimates for local L\'evy-type models with default," Papers 1304.1849, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2014.
- Leif Andersen, 2011. "Option pricing with quadratic volatility: a revisit," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 191-219, June.
- Pagliarani, Stefano & Pascucci, Andrea, 2011. "Analytical approximation of the transition density in a local volatility model," MPRA Paper 31107, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martin Forde & Antoine Jacquier, 2011. "Small-Time Asymptotics for an Uncorrelated Local-Stochastic Volatility Model," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 517-535, April.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1306.5447. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.