Asymptotics for $d$-dimensional L\'evy-type processes
We consider a general d-dimensional Levy-type process with killing. Combining the classical Dyson series approach with a novel polynomial expansion of the generator A(t) of the Levy-type process, we derive a family of asymptotic approximations for transition densities and European-style options prices. Examples of stochastic volatility models with jumps are provided in order to illustrate the numerical accuracy of our approach. The methods described in this paper extend the results from Corielli et al. (2010), Pagliarani and Pascucci (2013) and Lorig et al. (2013a) for Markov diffusions to Markov processes with jumps.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthew Lorig & Stefano Pagliarani & Andrea Pascucci, 2013. "Pricing approximations and error estimates for local L\'evy-type models with default," Papers 1304.1849, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2014.
- J. D. Deuschel & P. K. Friz & A. Jacquier & S. Violante, 2011. "Marginal density expansions for diffusions and stochastic volatility, part I: Theoretical Foundations," Papers 1111.2462, arXiv.org, revised May 2013.
- E. Benhamou & E. Gobet & M. Miri, 2009. "Smart expansion and fast calibration for jump diffusions," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 563-589, September.
- Matthew Lorig & Stefano Pagliarani & Andrea Pascucci, 2013. "A Taylor series approach to pricing and implied vol for LSV models," Papers 1308.5019, arXiv.org.
- repec:wsi:ijtafx:v:16:y:2013:i:08:n:s0219024913500507 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthew Lorig & Stefano Pagliarani & Andrea Pascucci, 2013. "Analytical expansions for parabolic equations," Papers 1312.3314, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2014.
- Matthew Lorig & Stefano Pagliarani & Andrea Pascucci, 2013. "A family of density expansions for L\'evy-type processes," Papers 1312.7328, arXiv.org.
- Pagliarani, Stefano & Pascucci, Andrea, 2011. "Analytical approximation of the transition density in a local volatility model," MPRA Paper 31107, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1404.3153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.