Convergence of European Lookback Options with Floating Strike in the Binomial Model
In this article we study the convergence of a European lookback option with floating strike evaluated with the binomial model of Cox-Ross-Rubinstein to its evaluation with the Black-Scholes model. We do the same for its delta. We confirm that these convergences are of order 1/Sqrt(n). For this, we use the binomial model of Cheuk-Vorst which allows us to write the price of the option using a double sum. Based on an improvement of a lemma of Lin-Palmer, we are able to give the precise value of the term in 1/Sqrt(n) in the expansion of the error; we also obtain the value of the term in 1/n if the risk free interest rate is non zero. This modelisation will also allow us to determine the first term in the expansion of the delta.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Babbs, Simon, 2000. "Binomial valuation of lookback options," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(11-12), pages 1499-1525, October.
- Lo-Bin Chang & Ken Palmer, 2007. "Smooth convergence in the binomial model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 91-105, January.
- Goldman, M Barry & Sosin, Howard B & Gatto, Mary Ann, 1979. "Path Dependent Options: "Buy at the Low, Sell at the High"," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(5), pages 1111-27, December.
- Cheuk, Terry H. F. & Vorst, Ton C. F., 1997. "Currency lookback options and observation frequency: A binomial approach," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 173-187, April.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1302.2312. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.