Dynamic Model of Markets of Homogenous Non-Durable
A new microeconomic model is presented that aims at a description of the long-term unit sales and price evolution of homogeneous non-durable goods in polypoly markets. It merges the product lifecycle approach with the price dispersion dynamics of homogeneous goods. The model predicts a minimum critical lifetime of non-durables in order to survive. Under the condition that the supply side of the market evolves much faster than the demand side the theory suggests that unsatisfied demands are present in the first stages of the lifecycle. With the growth of production capacities these demands disappear accompanied with a logistic decrease of the mean price of the good. The model is applied to electricity as a non-durable satisfying the model condition. The presented theory allows a deeper understanding of the sales and price dynamics of non-durables.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:||Jul 2015|
|Publication status:||Published in British Journal of Economics, Management & Trade 9(3): 1-12, 2015, Article no.BJEMT.19254|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Joachim Kaldasch, 2013.
"Evolutionary Model of a Anonymous Consumer Durable Market,"
- Kaldasch, Joachim, 2011. "Evolutionary model of an anonymous consumer durable market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(14), pages 2692-2715.
- Kaldasch, Joachim, 2011.
"The Product Life Cycle of Durable Goods,"
50530, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Joachim Kaldasch, 2015.
"Dynamic Model of the Price Dispersion of Homogeneous Goods,"
- Kaldasch, Joachim, 2015. "Dynamic Model of the Price Dispersion of Homogeneous Goods," MPRA Paper 64723, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vasicek, Oldrich Alfonso, 1977. "Abstract: An Equilibrium Characterization of the Term Structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 627-627, November.
- Bottazzi, G. & Sapio, S. & Secchi, A., 2005.
"Some statistical investigations on the nature and dynamics of electricity prices,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 355(1), pages 54-61.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Sandro Sapio & Angelo Secchi, 2004. "Some Statistical Investigations on the Nature and Dynamics of Electricity Prices," LEM Papers Series 2004/13, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Kaldasch, Joachim, 2011.
"The experience curve and the market size of competitive consumer durable markets,"
33370, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joachim Kaldasch, 2011. "The Experience Curve and the Market Size of Competitive Consumer Durable Markets," EconStor Preprints 59749, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Uwe Cantner & Jens J. Krüger & Rene Söllner, 2010.
"Product Quality, Product Price, and Share Dynamics in the German Compact Car Market,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2010-024, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Uwe Cantner & Jens J. Krüger & René Söllner, 2012. "Product quality, product price, and share dynamics in the German compact car market," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(5), pages 1085-1115, October.
- Sandro Sapio, 2006. "An Empirically Based Model of the Supply Schedule in Day-Ahead Electricity Markets," LEM Papers Series 2006/12, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Geman, Hélyette, 2005. "Commodities and commodity derivatives : modeling and pricing for agriculturals, metals and energy," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/607, Paris Dauphine University.
- Kaldasch, Joachim, 2014. "Evolutionary model of stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 415(C), pages 449-462.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1109.5791. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.