Stock Price Processes with Infinite Source Poisson Agents
We construct a general stochastic process and prove weak convergence results. It is scaled in space and through the parameters of its distribution. We show that our simplified scaling is equivalent to time scaling used frequently. The process is constructed as an integral with respect to a Poisson random measure which governs several parameters of trading agents in the context of stock prices. When the trading occurs more frequently and in smaller quantities, the limit is a fractional Brownian motion. In contrast, a stable Levy motion is obtained if the rate of trading decreases while its effect rate increases.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giardina, Irene & Bouchaud, Jean-Philippe & Mézard, Marc, 2001. "Microscopic models for long ranged volatility correlations," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 299(1), pages 28-39.
- Bischi, Gian-Italo & Gallegati, Mauro & Gardini, Laura & Leombruni, Roberto & Palestrini, Antonio, 2006. "Herd Behavior And Nonfundamental Asset Price Fluctuations In Financial Markets," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(04), pages 502-528, September.
- Iori, Giulia, 2002.
"A microsimulation of traders activity in the stock market: the role of heterogeneity, agents' interactions and trade frictions,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 269-285, October.
- Giulia Iori, 1999. "A microsimulation of traders activity in the stock market: the role of heterogeneity, agents' interactions and trade frictions," Finance 9905005, EconWPA.
- Giulia Iori, 2000. "A microsimulation of traders activity in the stock market: the role of heterogeneity, agents' interactions and trade frictions," Finance 0004007, EconWPA.
- He, Xue-Zhong & Westerhoff, Frank H., 2005. "Commodity markets, price limiters and speculative price dynamics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1577-1596, September.
- Xue-Zhong He & Frank H. Westerhoff, 2004. "Commodity Markets, Price Limiters and Speculative Price Dynamics," Research Paper Series 136, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Farmer, J. Doyne & Joshi, Shareen, 2002. "The price dynamics of common trading strategies," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 149-171, October.
- J. Doyne Farmer & Shareen Joshi, 2000. "The Price Dynamics of Common Trading Strategies," Working Papers 00-12-069, Santa Fe Institute.
- J. Doyne Farmer & Shareen Joshi, 2000. "The price dynamics of common trading strategies," Papers cond-mat/0012419, arXiv.org.
- Cioczek-Georges, R. & Mandelbrot, B. B., 1996. "Alternative micropulses and fractional Brownian motion," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 143-152, November.
- Irene Giardina & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc Mezard, 2001. "Microscopic models for long ranged volatility correlations," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500024, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- K. Sznajd-Weron & R. Weron, 2002. "A Simple Model Of Price Formation," International Journal of Modern Physics C (IJMPC), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(01), pages 115-123.
- K. Sznajd-Weron & R. Weron, 2000. "A simple model of price formation," Papers cond-mat/0101001, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2001.
- D. Challet & A. Chessa & M. Marsili & Y-C. Zhang, 2001. "From Minority Games to real markets," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 168-176.
- D. Challet & A. Chessa & M. Marsili & Y. -C. Zhang, 2000. "From Minority Games to real markets," Papers cond-mat/0011042, arXiv.org.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Ulrich Horst & Ronnie Sircar, 2006. "A Limit Theorem for Financial Markets with Inert Investors," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 31(4), pages 789-810, November.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Ulrich Horst & Ronnie Sircar, 2007. "A Limit Theorem for Financial Markets with Inert Investors," Papers math/0703831, arXiv.org.
- Irene Giardina & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc M\'ezard, 2001. "Microscopic Models for Long Ranged Volatility Correlations," Papers cond-mat/0105076, arXiv.org. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1106.6300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.