Stock Price Processes with Infinite Source Poisson Agents
We construct a general stochastic process and prove weak convergence results. It is scaled in space and through the parameters of its distribution. We show that our simplified scaling is equivalent to time scaling used frequently. The process is constructed as an integral with respect to a Poisson random measure which governs several parameters of trading agents in the context of stock prices. When the trading occurs more frequently and in smaller quantities, the limit is a fractional Brownian motion. In contrast, a stable Levy motion is obtained if the rate of trading decreases while its effect rate increases.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- D. Challet & A. Chessa & M. Marsili & Y. -C. Zhang, 2000.
"From Minority Games to real markets,"
- K. Sznajd-Weron & R. Weron, 2000. "A simple model of price formation," Papers cond-mat/0101001, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2001.
- Bischi, Gian-Italo & Gallegati, Mauro & Gardini, Laura & Leombruni, Roberto & Palestrini, Antonio, 2006. "Herd Behavior And Nonfundamental Asset Price Fluctuations In Financial Markets," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(04), pages 502-528, September.
- Giulia Iori, 1999.
"A microsimulation of traders activity in the stock market: the role of heterogeneity, agents' interactions and trade frictions,"
- Iori, Giulia, 2002. "A microsimulation of traders activity in the stock market: the role of heterogeneity, agents' interactions and trade frictions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 269-285, October.
- Giulia Iori, 2000. "A microsimulation of traders activity in the stock market: the role of heterogeneity, agents' interactions and trade frictions," Finance 0004007, EconWPA.
- Xue-Zhong He & Frank H. Westerhoff, 2004.
"Commodity Markets, Price Limiters and Speculative Price Dynamics,"
Research Paper Series
136, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- He, Xue-Zhong & Westerhoff, Frank H., 2005. "Commodity markets, price limiters and speculative price dynamics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1577-1596, September.
- J. Doyne Farmer & Shareen Joshi, 2000.
"The Price Dynamics of Common Trading Strategies,"
00-12-069, Santa Fe Institute.
- Irene Giardina & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc Mezard, 2001. "Microscopic models for long ranged volatility correlations," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500024, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Giardina, Irene & Bouchaud, Jean-Philippe & Mézard, Marc, 2001. "Microscopic models for long ranged volatility correlations," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 299(1), pages 28-39.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Ulrich Horst & Ronnie Sircar, 2007. "A Limit Theorem for Financial Markets with Inert Investors," Papers math/0703831, arXiv.org.
- Cioczek-Georges, R. & Mandelbrot, B. B., 1996. "Alternative micropulses and fractional Brownian motion," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 143-152, November.
- Irene Giardina & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc M\'ezard, 2001. "Microscopic Models for Long Ranged Volatility Correlations," Papers cond-mat/0105076, arXiv.org.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1106.6300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.