Time-Changed Fast Mean-Reverting Stochastic Volatility Models
We introduce a class of randomly time-changed fast mean-reverting stochastic volatility models and, using spectral theory and singular perturbation techniques, we derive an approximation for the prices of European options in this setting. Three examples of random time-changes are provided and the implied volatility surfaces induced by these time-changes are examined as a function of the model parameters. Three key features of our framework are that we are able to incorporate jumps into the price process of the underlying asset, allow for the leverage effect, and accommodate multiple factors of volatility, which operate on different time-scales.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2010|
|Date of revision:||Apr 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance Vol. 14, No. 8 (2011) 1355-1383|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mikhail Chernov & A. Ronald Gallant & Eric Ghysels & George Tauchen, 2002.
"Alternative Models for Stock Price Dynamics,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Eric Hillebrand, 2005. "Overlaying Time Scales in Financial Volatility Data," Econometrics 0501015, EconWPA.
- Fiorentini, Gabriele & Leon, Angel & Rubio, Gonzalo, 2002. "Estimation and empirical performance of Heston's stochastic volatility model: the case of a thinly traded market," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 225-255, March.
- Josep Perello & Jaume Masoliver & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 2003.
"Multiple time scales in volatility and leverage correlation: A stochastic volatility model,"
Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive
50001, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Josep Perello & Jaume Masoliver & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 2004. "Multiple time scales in volatility and leverage correlations: a stochastic volatility model," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 27-50.
- Josep Perello & Jaume Masoliver & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 2003. "Multiple time scales in volatility and leverage correlations: An stochastic volatility model," Papers cond-mat/0302095, arXiv.org.
- Melino, Angelo & Turnbull, Stuart M., 1990. "Pricing foreign currency options with stochastic volatility," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 239-265.
- Eric Hillebrand, 2003. "Overlaying Time Scales and Persistence Estimation in GARCH(1,1) Models," Econometrics 0301003, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1010.5203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.