Schizophrenic Representative Investors
Representative investors whose behaviour is modelled by a deterministic finite automaton generate complexity both in the time series of each asset and in the cross-sectional correlation when the rule governing their behaviour is schizophrenic, meaning the investor must hold multiple seemingly contradictory beliefs simultaneously, either by switching between two different rules at each time step, or computing different responses to different assets.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chiarella, Carl & He, Xue-Zhong & Zheng, Min, 2011. "An analysis of the effect of noise in a heterogeneous agent financial market model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 148-162, January.
- Carl Chiarella & Mauro Gallegati & Roberto Leombruni & Antonio Palestrini, 2003.
"Asset Price Dynamics among Heterogeneous Interacting Agents,"
Society for Computational Economics, vol. 22(2), pages 213-223, October.
- Carl Chiarella & Mauro Gallegati & Roberto Leombruni & Antonio Palestrini, 2002. "Asset Price Dynamics among Heterogeneous Interacting Agents," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 222, Society for Computational Economics.
- Kluger, Brian D. & McBride, Mark E., 2011. "Intraday trading patterns in an intelligent autonomous agent-based stock market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 226-245, August.
- Philip Z. Maymin, 2011. "The minimal model of financial complexity," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(9), pages 1371-1378, February.
- Brock, William A. & Hommes, Cars H., 1998.
"Heterogeneous beliefs and routes to chaos in a simple asset pricing model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1235-1274, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1004.4592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.