Intermittency and Localization
In this paper, we show how simple logistic growth that was studied intensively during the last 200 years in many domains of science could be extended in a rather simple way and with these extensions is capable to produce a collection of behaviors widely observed in an enormous number of real-life systems in Economics, Sociology, Biology, Ecology and more.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sorin Solomon & Peter Richmond, 2001. "Power Laws of Wealth, Market Order Volumes and Market Returns," Papers cond-mat/0102423, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2001.
- Sorin Solomon & Peter Richmond, 2000.
"Stability of Pareto-Zipf Law in Non-Stationary Economies,"
cond-mat/0012479, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2001.
- Sorin Solomon and Peter Richmond, 2001. "Stability of Pareto-Zipf Law in Non-Stationary Economies," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 11, Society for Computational Economics.
- Matteo Marsili & Sergei Maslov & Yi-Cheng Zhang, 1998. "Dynamical Optimization Theory of a Diversified Portfolio," Papers cond-mat/9801239, arXiv.org, revised Jan 1998.
- Marsili, Matteo & Maslov, Sergei & Zhang, Yi-Cheng, 1998. "Dynamical optimization theory of a diversified portfolio," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 253(1), pages 403-418.
- Ofer Biham & Zhi-Feng Huang & Ofer Malcai & Sorin Solomon, 2002. "Long-Time Fluctuations in a Dynamical Model of Stock Market Indices," Papers cond-mat/0208464, arXiv.org.
- G. Yaari & A. Nowak & K. Rakocy & S. Solomon, 2008. "Microscopic study reveals the singular origins of growth," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 62(4), pages 505-513, 04.
- Yaari, Gur & Solomon, Sorin & Deissenberg, Christophe, 2006. "Advertising, Negative Word-of-Mouth, and Product Acceptance," European Journal of Economic and Social Systems, Lavoisier, vol. 19(2), pages 257-268.
- Y. Louzoun & N. M. Shnerb & S. Solomon, 2007. "Microscopic noise, adaptation and survival in hostile environments," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 56(2), pages 141-148, 03.
- Gur Yaari & Andrzej Nowak & Kamil Rakocy & Sorin Solomon, 2008. "Microscopic Study Reveals the Singular Origins of Growth," Papers 0803.2201, arXiv.org.
- Solomon, Sorin & Richmond, Peter, 2001. "Power laws of wealth, market order volumes and market returns," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 299(1), pages 188-197.
- Solomon, Sorin & Weisbuch, Gerard & de Arcangelis, Lucilla & Jan, Naeem & Stauffer, Dietrich, 2000. "Social percolation models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 277(1), pages 239-247.
- Peter Richmond & Sorin Solomon, 2000. "Power Laws are Boltzmann Laws in Disguise," Papers cond-mat/0010222, arXiv.org.
- Stanley C. Hollander & Kathleen M. Rassuli (ed.), 1993. "Marketing," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 512.
- Goldenberg, J & Libai, B & Solomon, S & Jan, N & Stauffer, D, 2000. "Marketing percolation," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 284(1), pages 335-347.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0802.3541. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.