Intermittency and Localization
In this paper, we show how simple logistic growth that was studied intensively during the last 200 years in many domains of science could be extended in a rather simple way and with these extensions is capable to produce a collection of behaviors widely observed in an enormous number of real-life systems in Economics, Sociology, Biology, Ecology and more.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marsili, Matteo & Maslov, Sergei & Zhang, Yi-Cheng, 1998. "Dynamical optimization theory of a diversified portfolio," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 253(1), pages 403-418.
- Matteo Marsili & Sergei Maslov & Yi-Cheng Zhang, 1998. "Dynamical Optimization Theory of a Diversified Portfolio," Papers cond-mat/9801239, arXiv.org, revised Jan 1998.
- G. Yaari & A. Nowak & K. Rakocy & S. Solomon, 2008. "Microscopic study reveals the singular origins of growth," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 62(4), pages 505-513, 04.
- Peter Richmond & Sorin Solomon, 2000. "Power Laws are Boltzmann Laws in Disguise," Papers cond-mat/0010222, arXiv.org.
- Solomon, Sorin & Richmond, Peter, 2001. "Power laws of wealth, market order volumes and market returns," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 299(1), pages 188-197.
- Y. Louzoun & N. M. Shnerb & S. Solomon, 2007. "Microscopic noise, adaptation and survival in hostile environments," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 141-148, 03.
- Sorin Solomon & Peter Richmond, 2001. "Power Laws of Wealth, Market Order Volumes and Market Returns," Papers cond-mat/0102423, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2001.
- Gur Yaari & Andrzej Nowak & Kamil Rakocy & Sorin Solomon, 2008. "Microscopic Study Reveals the Singular Origins of Growth," Papers 0803.2201, arXiv.org.
- Ofer Biham & Zhi-Feng Huang & Ofer Malcai & Sorin Solomon, 2002. "Long-Time Fluctuations in a Dynamical Model of Stock Market Indices," Papers cond-mat/0208464, arXiv.org.
- Goldenberg, J & Libai, B & Solomon, S & Jan, N & Stauffer, D, 2000. "Marketing percolation," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 284(1), pages 335-347.
- Sorin Solomon and Peter Richmond, 2001.
"Stability of Pareto-Zipf Law in Non-Stationary Economies,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2001
11, Society for Computational Economics.
- Sorin Solomon & Peter Richmond, 2000. "Stability of Pareto-Zipf Law in Non-Stationary Economies," Papers cond-mat/0012479, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2001.
- Solomon, Sorin & Weisbuch, Gerard & de Arcangelis, Lucilla & Jan, Naeem & Stauffer, Dietrich, 2000. "Social percolation models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 277(1), pages 239-247.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0802.3541. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.