Experimental Based, Agent Based Stock Market
This paper builds an agent based model to reproduce the results of an experimental stock market that studies how the market aggregates private information. The aim is to contribute to the relationship between experiments and agent-based modeling and to understand the behavior of the agents. Using the experimental environment and results, it is possible to formulate a hypothesis about the behavior of the subjects and thereby formalize (algorithmically) the behavior of the traders. This allows a better understanding of how the market converges toward the equilibrium and the mechanism that allows for the dissemination of private information in the market.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Dept. of Economics and Econometrics, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Roetersstraat 11, NL - 1018 WB Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
Phone: + 31 20 525 52 58
Fax: + 31 20 525 52 83
Web page: http://www.fee.uva.nl/cendef/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles Noussair & Stephane Robin & Bernard Ruffieux, 2001. "Price Bubbles in Laboratory Asset Markets with Constant Fundamental Values," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 4(1), pages 87-105, June.
- Bruno Contini & Roberto Leombruni & Matteo Richiardi, 2006. "Exploring a New ExpAce: The Complementarities between Experimental Economics and Agent-based Computational Economics," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 45, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Gode, Dhananjay K & Sunder, Shyam, 1993. "Allocative Efficiency of Markets with Zero-Intelligence Traders: Market as a Partial Substitute for Individual Rationality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(1), pages 119-137, February.
- Gneezy, U., 1996. "Probability Judgements in Multi-Stage Problems : Experimental Evidence of Systematic Biases," Discussion Paper 1996-01, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Plott, Charles R. & Sunder, Shyam., "undated".
"Efficiency of Experimental Security Markets with Insider Information: An Application of Rational Expectations Models,"
331, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Plott, Charles R & Sunder, Shyam, 1982. "Efficiency of Experimental Security Markets with Insider Information: An Application of Rational-Expectations Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 663-698, August.
- Lei, V. & Noussair, C. & Plott, C.R., 1998.
"Non-Speculative Bubbles in Experimental Asset Markets: Lack of Common Knowledge of Rationality Vs. Actual Irrationality,"
Purdue University Economics Working Papers
1120, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Lei, Vivian & Noussair, Charles N & Plott, Charles R, 2001. "Nonspeculative Bubbles in Experimental Asset Markets: Lack of Common Knowledge of Rationality vs. Actual Irrationality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(4), pages 831-859, July.
- John Duffy & M. Utku Unver, 2002. "Asset Price Bubbles and Crashes With Zero--Intelligence Traders," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 39, Society for Computational Economics.
- Gjerstad, S. & Dickhaut, J., 1995.
"Price Formation in Double Auctions,"
284, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- Riccardo Boero & Giangiacomo Bravo & Marco Castellani & Flaminio Squazzoni, 2010. "Why Bother with What Others Tell You? An Experimental Data-Driven Agent-Based Model," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 13(3), pages 1-6.
- Jakob Grazzini, 2011. "Consistent Estimation of Agent Based Models," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 110, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Plott, Charles R. & Sunder, Shyam., "undated".
"Rational Expectations and the Aggregation of Diverse Information in Laboratory Security Markets,"
463, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Plott, Charles R & Sunder, Shyam, 1988. "Rational Expectations and the Aggregation of Diverse Information in Laboratory Security Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(5), pages 1085-1118, September.
- Steven Gjerstad & Jason M. Shachat, 2007. "Individual Rationality and Market Efficiency," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1204, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Mark van Boening & Vernon L. Smith & Charissa P. Wellford, 2000. "Dividend timing and behavior in laboratory asset markets," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 16(3), pages 567-583.
- Noussair, C. & Robin, S. & Ruffieux, B., 1998. "Bubbles and Anti-Crashes in Laboratory Asset Markets with Constant Fundamental Values," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1119, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Joshua M. Epstein & Robert L. Axtell, 1996. "Growing Artificial Societies: Social Science from the Bottom Up," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550253.
- Anufriev, M. & Hommes, C.H. & Philipse, R., 2010.
"Evolutionary Selection of Expectations in Positive and Negative Feedback Markets,"
CeNDEF Working Papers
10-05, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Mikhail Anufriev & Cars Hommes & Raoul Philipse, 2013. "Evolutionary selection of expectations in positive and negative feedback markets," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 663-688, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ams:ndfwpp:11-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cees C.G. Diks)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.