Probability Judgements in Multi-Stage Problems : Experimental Evidence of Systematic Biases
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Machina, Mark J, 1989. "Dynamic Consistency and Non-expected Utility Models of Choice under Uncertainty," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 27(4), pages 1622-1668, December.
- Camerer, Colin F, 1987. "Do Biases in Probability Judgment Matter in Markets? Experimental Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 981-997, December.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Werner F. M. De Bondt & Richard H. Thaler, 1994. "Financial Decision-Making in Markets and Firms: A Behavioral Perspective," NBER Working Papers 4777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arrow, Kenneth J, 1982. "Risk Perception in Psychology and Economics," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(1), pages 1-9, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ludwig Ensthaler & Olga Nottmeyer & Georg Weizsäcker & Christian Zankiewicz, 2013.
"Hidden Skewness: On the Difficulty of Multiplicative Compounding under Random Shocks,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1337, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Zankiewicz, Christian & Ensthaler, Ludwig & Nottmeyer, Olga & Weizsäcker, Georg, 2015. "Hidden skewness: On the difficulty of multiplicative compounding under random shocks," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112815, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ludwig Ensthaler & Olga Nottmeyer & Georg Weizsäcker & Christian Zankiewicz, 2014. "Hidden Skewness: On the Difficulty of Multiplicative Compounding under Random Shocks," CESifo Working Paper Series 4760, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ludwig Ensthaler & Olga Nottmeyer & Georg Weizsäcker, 2010.
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1043, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ensthaler, Ludwig & Nottmeyer, Olga & Weizsäcker, Georg, 2010. "Hidden Skewness," IZA Discussion Papers 5109, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ludwig Ensthaler & Olga Nottmeyer & Georg Weizsäcker, 2012. "Hidden Skewness," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1238, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Gneezy, U. & Das, J.W.M., 1996. "Experimental Investigation of Percieved Risk in Random Walk Processes," Discussion Paper 1996-85, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Klaus Abbink & Matthew Ellman, 2004. "The donor problem," Economics Working Papers 796, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 2005.
- Jakob Grazzini, 2013. "Information dissemination in an experimentally based agent-based stock market," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 8(1), pages 179-209, April.
- Grazzini, J., 2011. "Experimental Based, Agent Based Stock Market," CeNDEF Working Papers 11-07, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Laurent Denant-Boemont & Olivier L’Haridon, 2013.
"La rationalité à l'épreuve de l'économie comportementale,"
Revue française d'économie,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(2), pages 35-89.
- Laurent Denant-Boèmont & Olivier l'Haridon, 2013. "La rationalité à l’épreuve de l’économie comportementale," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201323, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Laurent Denant-Boèmont & Olivier L'Haridon, 2013. "La rationalité à l'épreuve de l'économie comportementale," Post-Print halshs-00921070, HAL.
- Joseph Johnson & Jerome Busemeyer, 2001. "Multiple-Stage Decision-Making: The Effect of Planning Horizon Length on Dynamic Consistency," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 217-246, December.
- Kim Kaivanto & Eike Kroll, 2014. "Alternation bias and reduction in St. Petersburg gambles," Working Papers 65600286, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
More about this item
Keywordsbounded rationality; Probability; random walks; Estimation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tiu:tiucen:e4424aaf-139b-44a5-8561-4cd08baa0a9a. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman). General contact details of provider: http://center.uvt.nl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.