Measuring the disposition effect
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravi Dhar & Ning Zhu, 2006. "Up Close and Personal: Investor Sophistication and the Disposition Effect," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(5), pages 726-740, May.
- Shefrin, Hersh & Statman, Meir, 1985. "The Disposition to Sell Winners Too Early and Ride Losers Too Long: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 777-790, July.
- Weber, Martin & Camerer, Colin F., 1998.
"The disposition effect in securities trading: an experimental analysis,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 167-184, January.
- Weber, Martin & Camerer, Colin F., 1991. "The disposition effect in securities trading: An experimental analysis," Manuskripte aus den Instituten für Betriebswirtschaftslehre der Universität Kiel 276, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre.
- Brad M. Barber & Yi‐Tsung Lee & Yu‐Jane Liu & Terrance Odean, 2007. "Is the Aggregate Investor Reluctant to Realise Losses? Evidence from Taiwan," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 13(3), pages 423-447, June.
- Terrance Odean, 1998. "Are Investors Reluctant to Realize Their Losses?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1775-1798, October.
- Korniotis, George M. & Kumar, Alok, 2013. "Do Portfolio Distortions Reflect Superior Information or Psychological Biases?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(1), pages 1-45, February.
- Tom Y. Chang & David H. Solomon & Mark M. Westerfield, 2016. "Looking for Someone to Blame: Delegation, Cognitive Dissonance, and the Disposition Effect," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 71(1), pages 267-302, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- van Dooren, Bono & Galema, Rients, 2018. "Socially responsible investors and the disposition effect," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 42-52.
- Dierick, Nicolas & Heyman, Dries & Inghelbrecht, Koen & Stieperaere, Hannes, 2019.
"Financial attention and the disposition effect,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 190-217.
- Nicolas Dierick & Dries Heyman & Koen Inghelbrecht & Hannes Stieperaere, 2019. "Financial Attention And The Disposition Effect," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 19/967, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Sarmiento, Julio & Rendón, Jairo & Sandoval, Juan S. & Cayon, Edgardo, 2019. "The disposition effect and the relevance of the reference period: Evidence among sophisticated investors," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C).
- Richards, Daniel W. & Fenton-O'Creevy, Mark & Rutterford, Janette & Kodwani, Devendra G., 2018. "Is the disposition effect related to investors’ reliance on System 1 and System 2 processes or their strategy of emotion regulation?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 79-92.
- Marco Pleßner, 2017. "The disposition effect: a survey," Management Review Quarterly, Springer, vol. 67(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Deaves, Richard & Kluger, Brian & Miele, Jennifer, 2018. "An exploratory experimental analysis of path-dependent investment behaviors," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 47-65.
- Corneille, Olivier & De Winne, Rudy & D’Hondt, Catherine, 2018.
"The disposition effect does not survive disclosure of expected price trends,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 80-91.
- Corneille, Olivier & De Winne, Rudy & D'Hondt, Catherine, 2018. "The Disposition Effect does not survive disclosure of expected price trends," LIDAM Reprints LFIN 2018003, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Louvain Finance (LFIN).
- Muhl, Stefan & Talpsepp, Tõnn, 2018. "Faster learning in troubled times: How market conditions affect the disposition effect," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 226-236.
- Hincapié-Salazar, Juliana & Agudelo, Diego A., 2020. "Is the disposition effect in bonds as strong as in stocks? Evidence from an emerging market," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 46(C).
- Paulo Silva & Victor Mendes & Margarida Abreu, 2020. "The Disposition Effect Among Mutual Fund Participants: A Re-Examination," Working Papers REM 2020/0126, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Liêu, L.M. & Pelster, M., 2020. "Framing and the disposition effect in a scopic regime," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 175-185.
- Oliver Chan & Alfred Ka Chun Ma, 2016. "Stochastic cost flow system for stock markets with an application in behavioral finance," International Journal of Financial Engineering (IJFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(04), pages 1-32, December.
- Juanjuan Meng & Xi Weng, 2018. "Can Prospect Theory Explain the Disposition Effect? A New Perspective on Reference Points," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 64(7), pages 3331-3351, July.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Xiong, Wei, 2012. "Realization utility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 251-271.
- Bernard, Sabine & Loos, Benjamin & Weber, Martin, 2021. "The disposition effect in boom and bust markets," SAFE Working Paper Series 305, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Jaakko Aspara & Arvid Hoffmann, 2015. "Selling losers and keeping winners: How (savings) goal dynamics predict a reversal of the disposition effect," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 201-211, June.
- Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Lawrence J. Jin, 2014. "Realization Utility with Reference-Dependent Preferences," Papers 1408.2859, arXiv.org.
- Lucchesi, Eduardo Pozzi & Yoshinaga, Claudia Emiko & Castro, Francisco Henrique Figueiredo de, 2015. "Efeito disposição entre gestores brasileiros de fundos de ações," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 55(1), January.
- Rau, Holger A., 2015. "The disposition effect in team investment decisions: Experimental evidence," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 256, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Henderson, Vicky & Hobson, David & Tse, Alex S.L., 2018. "Probability weighting, stop-loss and the disposition effect," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 360-397.
More about this item
Keywordsdisposition effect ; individual investor ; behavioral finance;
All these keywords.
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ajf:louvlf:2020001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Séverine De Visscher). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/lfuclbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.