Selective logging and the economics of conserving forest wildlife species e.g. orangutans
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tisdell, Clement A. & Swarna Nantha, Hemanath, 2007. "Conservation of the Proboscis Monkey and the Orangutan in Borneo: Comparative Issues and Economic Considerations," Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers 55097, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Boscolo, Marco & Vincent, Jeffrey R., 2003. "Nonconvexities in the production of timber, biodiversity, and carbon sequestration," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 251-268, September.
- Swarna Nantha, Hemanath & Tisdell, Clement A., 2008. "The Orangutan-oil Palm Conflict: Economic Constraints and Opportunities for Conservation," Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers 55318, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Jeffrey R. Vincent & Clark S. Binkley, 1993. "Efficient Multiple-Use Forestry May Require Land-Use Specialization," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(4), pages 370-376.
More about this item
Keywordsbiodiversity conservation; conserving of forest species; forestry; logging and conservation; opportunity cost and conservation; orangutans; Crop Production/Industries; Environmental Economics and Policy; Land Economics/Use; Q23; Q51; Q57;
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-05-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2012-05-08 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uqseee:122725. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .