The Role Of Agglomeration Economies In Firm Location: A Review Of The Literature
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||1994|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 231ClaOff Building, 1994 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108-6040|
Phone: (612) 625-1222
Fax: (612) 625-6245
Web page: http://www.apec.umn.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- B Thorngren, 1970. "How do contact systems affect regional development?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 2(4), pages 409-427, April.
- Fujita, Masahisa, 1985. "Existence and uniqueness of equilibrium and optimal land use : Boundary rent curve approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 295-324, June.
- Maki, Wilbur R., 1992. "Reshaping The City-Region In Global Competition," Staff Papers 13904, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Wheaton, William C & Shishido, Hisanobu, 1981. "Urban Concentration, Agglomeration Economies, and the Level of Economic Development," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 17-30, October.
- Calem, Paul S. & Carlino, Gerald A., 1991. "Urban agglomeration economies in the presence of technical change," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 82-95, January.
- Pascal, Anthony H. & McCall, John J., 1980. "Agglomeration economies, search costs, and industrial location," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 383-388, November.
- Joel R. Hamilton & M. Henry Robison & Norman K. Whittlesey & John Ellis, 1991. "Economic Impacts, Value Added, and Benefits in Regional Project Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(2), pages 334-344.
- Moomaw, Ronald L., 1985. "Firm location and city size: Reduced productivity advantages as a factor in the decline of manufacturing in urban areas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 73-89, January.
- Boris BegoviÄ‡, 1992. "Industrial Diversification and City Size: The Case of Yugoslavia," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 29(1), pages 77-88, February.
- Shukla, Vibhooti & Stark, Oded, 1990. "Policy comparisons with an agglomeration effects-augmented dual economy model," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Segal, David, 1976. "Are There Returns to Scale in City Size?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(3), pages 339-350, August.
- Papageorgiou, Y. Y. & Thisse, J. -F., 1985.
"Agglomeration as spatial interdependence between firms and households,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 19-31, October.
- Papageorgiou, Y.Y. & Thisse, J.-F., "undated". "Agglomeration as spatial interdependence between firms and households," CORE Discussion Papers RP 668, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Masahisa Fujita, 1985. "Towards general equilibrium models of urban land use," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 36(1), pages 135-168.
- repec:uwp:landec:v:41:y:1965:i:3:p:279-284 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joel Bergsman & Peter Greenston & Robert Healy, 1972. "The Agglomeration Process in Urban Growth," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 9(3), pages 263-288, October.
- B Thorngren, 1970. "How Do Contact Systems Affect Regional Development?," Environment and Planning A, SAGE Publishing, vol. 2(4), pages 409-427, December.
- Schmid, A. Allan, 1991. "Rethinking Cost In Population Settlement Patterns," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 6(2), pages -.
- Grimaud, A., 1989. "Agglomeration economies and building height," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 17-31, January.
- Tabuchi, Takatoshi, 1986. "Urban agglomeration, capital augmenting technology, and labor market equilibrium," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 211-228, September.
- Knapp, Thomas A. & Graves, Philip E., 1989. "On the role of amenities in models of migration and regional development," MPRA Paper 19914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nakamura, Ryohei, 1985. "Agglomeration economies in urban manufacturing industries: A case of Japanese cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 108-124, January.
- Ronald L. Moomaw, 1981. "Productivity and City Size: A Critique of the Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-688.
- Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C., 1991. "Agglomeration economies and urban capital markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 96-112, January.
- Moomaw, Ronald L., 1983. "Is population scale a worthless surrogate for business agglomeration economies?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 525-545, November.
- Leo Sveikauskas, 1975. "The Productivity of Cities," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 89(3), pages 393-413.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:umaesp:13321. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.