Firm location and city size: Reduced productivity advantages as a factor in the decline of manufacturing in urban areas
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agarwalla, Astha, 2011. "Agglomeration Economies and Productivity Growth in India," IIMA Working Papers WP2011-01-08, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Daniel J Graham, 2009. "Identifying urbanisation and localisation externalities in manufacturing and service industries," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 63-84, March.
- Ciccone, Antonio & Hall, Robert E, 1996.
"Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 54-70, March.
- Antonio Ciccone & Robert E. Hall, 1993. "Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 4313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Ciccone & Robert E. Hall, 1995. "Productivity and the density of economic activity," Economics Working Papers 120, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Graham, Daniel J., 2007. "Variable returns to agglomeration and the effect of road traffic congestion," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 103-120, July.
- Neal E. Duffy, 1988. "Returns to Scale Behavior and Manufacturing Agglomeration Economies in U.S. Urban Areas," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 18(3), pages 47-54, Fall.
- Shihe Fu & Junjie Hong, 2011.
"Testing Urbanization Economies In Manufacturing Industries: Urban Diversity Or Urban Size?,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 585-603, August.
- Fu, Shihe & Hong, Junjie, 2008. "Testing urbanization economies in manufacturing industries: urban diversity or urban size?," MPRA Paper 10078, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shihe Fu & Junjie Hong, 2010. "Testing Urbanization Economies in Manufacturing Industries: Urban Diversity or Urban Size?," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2010_38, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Barry M. Moriarty, 1992. "The Manufacturing Employment Longitudinal Density Distribution In The USA," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 22(1), pages 1-24, Summer.
- Marcus Berliant & Chia-Ming Yu, 2015.
"Locational Signaling And Agglomeration,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(5), pages 757-773, November.
- Berliant, Marcus & Yu, Chia-Ming, 2009. "Locational signaling and agglomeration," MPRA Paper 19462, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berliant, Marcus & Yu, Chia-Ming, 2012. "Locational signaling and agglomeration," MPRA Paper 41838, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berliant, Marcus & Chia-Ming, Yu, 2014. "Locational signaling and agglomeration," MPRA Paper 55410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berliant, Marcus & Yu, Chia-Ming, 2010. "Locational signaling and agglomeration," MPRA Paper 24155, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berliant, Marcus & Yu, Chia-Ming, 2009. "Locational signaling and agglomeration," MPRA Paper 24799, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward Feser, 2004. "A Flexible Test for Agglomeration Economies in Two U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 04-14, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Feser, Edward J., 2001. "A flexible test for agglomeration economies in two US manufacturing industries," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Selting, Anne C. & Allanach, Christopher & Loveridge, Scott, 1994. "The Role Of Agglomeration Economies In Firm Location: A Review Of The Literature," Staff Papers 13321, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Raluca Irina Clipa, 2012. "Attempts To Estimate The Sources Of Agglomeration Economies In Iasi Metropolitan Area," Anale. Seria Stiinte Economice. Timisoara, Faculty of Economics, Tibiscus University in Timisoara, vol. 0, pages 352-358, November.
- Florian Lehmer & Joachim Möller, 2010. "Interrelations between the urban wage premium and firm-size wage differentials: a microdata cohort analysis for Germany," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 45(1), pages 31-53, August.
- Daniel Graham, 2000. "Spatial Variation in Labour Productivity in British Manufacturing," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 323-341.
- Lubomira Anastassova, 2006. "Productivity Differences and Agglomeration Across Districts of Great Britain," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp289, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Lourens Broersma & Jan Oosterhaven, 2009. "Regional Labor Productivity In The Netherlands: Evidence Of Agglomeration And Congestion Effects," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 483-511.
- Yoshiaki Ushifusa & Akinori Tomohara, 2013. "Productivity and Labor Density: Agglomeration Effects over Time," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(2), pages 123-132, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:17:y:1985:i:1:p:73-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.