Linear Response Stochastic Plateau Functions
A method of estimating a linear response stochastic plateau function is developed and used to determine optimal levels of nitrogen fertilization for wheat. Under the stochastic plateau model, optimizing behavior implies different nitrogen levels than the linear plateau model, depending on the output/input price ratio relative to a threshold level.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Babcock, Bruce A. & Breidt, F. Jay, 1999.
"Optimal Information Acquisition Under A Geostatistical Model,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(02), December.
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Babcock, Bruce A. & Breidt, F. J., 1999. "Optimal Information Acquisition Under a Geostatistical Model," Staff General Research Papers 1517, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gregory R. Pautsch & Bruce A. Babcock & F. Jay Breidt, 1999. "Optimal Information Acquisition under a Geostatistical Model," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 99-wp217, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Babcock, Bruce A., 1992. "Effects of Uncertainty on Optimal Nitrogen Applications (The)," Staff General Research Papers 10588, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Lichtenberg, Erik, 1994.
"A Nonparametric Approach to the von Liebig-Paris Technology,"
197799, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Robert G. Chambers & Erik Lichtenberg, 1996. "A Nonparametric Approach to the von Liebig-Paris Technology," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 373-386.
- Kyle W. Stiegert & Thomas W. Hertel, 1997. "Optimal Capacity in the Anhydrous Ammonia Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1096-1107.
- Llewelyn, Richard V. & Featherstone, Allen M., 1997. "A comparison of crop production functions using simulated data for irrigated corn in western Kansas," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 521-538, August.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeatm:35217. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.