Effect of Corn Price on Profitability of Control Vs Phytase Enhanced Diet of Hogs
Economic Simulation model (SIMETAR) was used to investigate the effect of future corn price on profitability of control and phytase enhanced diet of hogs. The completed simulation model was used to estimate probability distribution for control vs lower excretion diet profitability under different corn prices. Data used was collected from recent field trials in Oklahoma that tested the effect of phytase enhanced diets on reducing phosphorus emission. The results showed that as the market price of corn increases control diet will be more profitable than phytase enhanced diet, given the cost of other remaining feed ingredient is constant for both the diets.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yap, Crystal & Foster, Ken & Preckel, Paul & Doering, Otto & Richert, Brian, 2004.
"Mitigating the Compliance Cost of a Phosphorus-Based Swine Manure Management Policy,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 23-34, April.
- Yap, Crystal & Foster, Kenneth A. & Preckel, Paul V. & Doering, Otto C., III & Richert, Brian T., 2004. "Mitigating the Compliance Cost of a Phosphorus-Based Swine Manure Management Policy," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(01), April.
- Boland, Michael A. & Preckel, Paul V. & Foster, Kenneth A., 1998. "Economic Analysis Of Phosphorus - Reducing Technologies In Pork Production," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(02), December.
- Boland, Michael A. & Foster, Kenneth A. & Preckel, Paul V., 1999. "Nutrition and the Economics of Swine Management," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 83-96, April.
- Hien, Victor & Kabore, Daniel & Youl, Sansan & Lowenberg-DeBoer, J., 1997. "Stochastic dominance analysis of on-farm-trial data: The riskiness of alternative phosphate sources in Burkina Faso," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 213-221, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeana:46864. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.