Evaluating Teaching Methods: Is It Worth Doing Right?
Reviewers of manuscripts on classroom experiments often ask the authors to provide evidence of the effectiveness of the method, presumably to justify substituting experiments for lectures. After reviewing the current state of evaluation methodology, we argue that such evidence may be neither sufficient nor even necessary for the purpose.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brauer, Jurgen & Delemeester, Greg, 2001. " Games Economists Play: A Survey of Non-computerized Classroom-Games for College Economics," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 221-236, April.
- Nelson, Robert G. & Beil, Richard O., Jr., 1994. "Pricing Strategy Under Monopoly Conditions: An Experiment For The Classroom," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Barnett, Barry J. & Kriesel, Warren, 2003.
"Agricultural Economists' Use of Classroom Economic Experiments,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(02), August.
- Barnett, Barry J. & Kriesel, Warren, 2003. "Agricultural Economists' Use of Classroom Economic Experiments," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(02), pages 321-335, August.
- William E. Becker & Peter E. Kennedy, 2005. "Does Teaching Enhance Research in Economics?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 172-176, May.
- Becker, William, et al, 1991. "An Agenda for Research on Economic Education in Colleges and Universities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 26-31, May.
- William E. Becker, 1997. "Teaching Economics to Undergraduates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1347-1373, September.
- repec:uba:hadfwe:economicsimulationgames-herz-merz-1998-02 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaed:6810. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.