The Value of Price Stabilization Policy for Cotton Producers in Burkina Faso
Economic returns to Burkina Faso cotton producers from selling to the government parastatal are compared to those that could be obtained by selling on the international spot market. Based on historical prices, for certain levels of risk aversion, the parastatal price would be preferred to the international spot price.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- GianCarlo Moschini, 2000.
"Production Risk and the Estimation of Ex Ante Cost Functions,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
00-wp262, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 2001. "Production risk and the estimation of ex-ante cost functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 357-380, February.
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 2001. "Production Risk and the Estimation of Ex Ante Cost Functions," Staff General Research Papers 1922, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Levy, H & Markowtiz, H M, 1979. "Approximating Expected Utility by a Function of Mean and Variance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 308-17, June.
- P. B. R. Hazell, 1971. "A Linear Alternative to Quadratic and Semivariance Programming for Farm Planning under Uncertainty," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 53(1), pages 53-62.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- repec:fth:oxesaf:2000-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harry P. Mapp & Michael L. Hardin & Odell L. Walker & Tillak Persaud, 1979. "Analysis of Risk Management Strategies for Agricultural Producers," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 61(5), pages 1071-1077.
- Baquedano, Felix G. & Sanders, John H. & Vitale, Jeffrey, 2010. "Increasing incomes of Malian cotton farmers: Is elimination of US subsidies the only solution?," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(7), pages 418-432, September.
- David Tschirley & Colin Poulton & Patrick Labaste, 2009. "Organization and Performance of Cotton Sectors in Africa : Learning from Reform Experience," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2604.
- Jeffrey Vitale & Marc Ouattarra & Gaspard Vognan, 2011. "Enhancing Sustainability of Cotton Production Systems in West Africa: A Summary of Empirical Evidence from Burkina Faso," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(8), pages 1136, July.
- Abdoulaye, Tahirou & Sanders, John H., 2006. "New technologies, marketing strategies and public policy for traditional food crops: Millet in Niger," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-3), pages 272-292, October.
- Rolfo, Jacques, 1980. "Optimal Hedging under Price and Quantity Uncertainty: The Case of a Cocoa Producer," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 100-116, February.
- Catherine Pattillo & Måns Söderbom, 2000. "Managerial Risk Attitudes and Firm Performance in Ghanaian Manufacturing: an Empirical Analysis Based on Experimental Data," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-17, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Meyer, Jack, 1987. "Two-moment Decision Models and Expected Utility Maximization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 421-30, June.
- Warning, Matthew & Key, Nigel, 2002. "The Social Performance and Distributional Consequences of Contract Farming: An Equilibrium Analysis of the Arachide de Bouche Program in Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 255-263, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea13:142882. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.