Accruals Anomaly in Agriculture Financial Economics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Konan Chan & Louis K. C. Chan & Narasimhan Jegadeesh & Josef Lakonishok, 2006. "Earnings Quality and Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 1041-1082, May.
- Ashiq Ali & Xuanjuan Chen & Tong Yao & Tong Yu, 2008. "Do Mutual Funds Profit from the Accruals Anomaly?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1997. "Industry costs of equity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 153-193, February.
- Carlos J. Trejo-Pech & Richard N. Weldon & Lisa A. House & Michael A. Gunderson, 2009. "The accrual anomaly financial problem in the food supply chain," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 520-533.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. "On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-636, May-June.
- Mark T. Bradshaw & Scott A. Richardson & Richard G. Sloan, 2001. "Do Analysts and Auditors Use Information in Accruals?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 45-74, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Konan Chan & John W. Cooney & Joonghyuk Kim & Ajai K. Singh, 2008. "The IPO Derby: Are There Consistent Losers and Winners on This Track?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 37(1), pages 45-79, March.
- Carlos J.O. Trejo-Pech & Richard N. Weldon & Michael A. Gunderson, 2016. "Earnings Management through Specific Accruals and Discretionary Expenses: Evidence from U.S. Agribusiness Firms," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 64(1), pages 89-118, March.
- David Hirshleifer & Kewei Hou & Siew Hong Teoh, 2012.
"The Accrual Anomaly: Risk or Mispricing?,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(2), pages 320-335, February.
- Hirshleifer, David & Hou, Kewei & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2006. "The Accrual Anomaly: Risk or Mispricing?," Working Paper Series 2006-3, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Hou, Kewei & Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2007. "The Accrual Anomaly: Risk or Mispricing?," MPRA Paper 5173, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kothari, S.P. & Loutskina, E. & Nikolaev, V., 2006. "Agency Theory of Overvalued Equity as an Explanation for the Accrual Anomaly," Discussion Paper 2006-103, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Richardson, Scott & Tuna, Irem & Wysocki, Peter, 2010. "Accounting anomalies and fundamental analysis: A review of recent research advances," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 410-454, December.
- Suresh Nallareddy & Maria Ogneva, 0. "Accrual quality, skill, and the cross-section of mutual fund returns," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-40.
- Kim, Young Jun & Lee, Joonil & Lee, Su Jeong & Sunwoo, Hee-Yeon, 2017. "Do mutual funds exploit the accrual anomaly?: Korean evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 46(PB), pages 227-242.
- Goto, Shingo & Xiao, Gang & Xu, Yan, 2015. "As told by the supplier: Trade credit and the cross section of stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 296-309.
- David R. Gallagher & Peter A. Gardner & Camille H. Schmidt & Terry S. Walter, 2014. "Portfolio Quality and Mutual Fund Performance," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 485-521, December.
- Papanastasopoulos, Georgios & Thomakos, Dimitrios & Wang, Tao, 2011.
"Information in balance sheets for future stock returns: Evidence from net operating assets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 269-282.
- George Papanastasopoulos & Dimitrios Thomakos & Tao Wang, 2007. "Information in Balance Sheets for Future Stock Returns: Evidence from Net Operating Assets," Working Paper series 45_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Doukakis, Leonidas C. & Papanastasopoulos, Georgios A., 2014. "The accrual anomaly in the U.K. stock market: Implications of growth and accounting distortions," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 256-277.
- Suresh Nallareddy & Maria Ogneva, 2017. "Accrual quality, skill, and the cross-section of mutual fund returns," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 503-542, June.
- Bruno R. Arthur & Ani L. Katchova, 2015. "Accrual Anomaly for Agribusiness Stocks," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(3), pages 372-387, June.
- Aretz, Kevin & Bartram, Söhnke M. & Pope, Peter F., 2010.
"Macroeconomic risks and characteristic-based factor models,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1383-1399, June.
- Aretz, Kevin & Bartram, Söhnke M. & Pope, Peter F., 2010. "Macroeconomic Risks and Characteristic-Based Factor Models," MPRA Paper 47344, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cai, Jie & Zhang, Zhe, 2011. "Leverage change, debt overhang, and stock prices," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 391-402, June.
- Jiang, Hao, 2010. "Institutional investors, intangible information, and the book-to-market effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 98-126, April.
- Linnenluecke, Martina K. & Chen, Xiaoyan & Ling, Xin & Smith, Tom & Zhu, Yushu, 2017. "Research in finance: A review of influential publications and a research agenda," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 188-199.
- Paul Gompers & Joy Ishii & Andrew Metrick, 2003.
"Corporate Governance and Equity Prices,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(1), pages 107-156.
- Paul A. Gompers & Joy L. Ishii & Andrew Metrick, 2001. "Corporate Governance and Equity Prices," NBER Working Papers 8449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul A. Gompers & Joy L. Ishii & Andrew Metrick, 2002. "Corporate Governance and Equity Prices," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-32, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Arvanitis, Stelios & Scaillet, Olivier & Topaloglou, Nikolas, 2020.
"Spanning tests for Markowitz stochastic dominance,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 217(2), pages 291-311.
- Stelios Arvanitis & Olivier Scaillet & Nikolas Topaloglou, 2018. "Spanning Tests for Markowitz Stochastic Dominance," Papers 1810.10800, arXiv.org.
- Stelios Arvanitis & O. Scaillet & Nikolas Topaloglou, 2018. "Spanning Tests for Markowitz Stochastic Dominance," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 18-08, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Michael Dempsey, 2015. "Stock Markets, Investments and Corporate Behavior:A Conceptual Framework of Understanding," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number p1007, March.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-02-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-BEC-2012-02-08 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CWA-2012-02-08 (Central & Western Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea12:119822. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.