Income and Poverty Impacts of USAID-Funded Programs to Promote Maize, Horticulture, and Dairy Enterprises in Kenya, 2004-2010
Since 2002, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has funded programs to promote maize, dairy, and horticulture enterprises among smallholder farmers in Kenya under the Strategic Objective 7 of Increased Rural Household Incomes. On behalf of USAID, Tegemeo Institute has conducted household surveys to help track key indicators that monitor progress in the implementation of these programs. The first survey was conducted in 2004. Subsequent surveys were conducted every two years (i.e., 2006, 2008, and 2010). The sample comprises households participating and those not participating in the programs. The programs monitored include the Kenya Maize Development Program (KMDP), the Kenya Horticulture Development Project (KHDP), and the Kenya Dairy Development Program (KDDP), which is now known as the Kenya Dairy Sector Competitiveness Program (KDSCP).
|Date of creation:||Feb 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Justin S. Morrill Hall of Agriculture, 446 West Circle Dr., Rm 202, East Lansing, MI 48824-1039|
Phone: (517) 355-4563
Fax: (517) 432-1800
Web page: http://www.aec.msu.edu/agecon/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Muyanga, Milu & Jayne, Thomas S. & Burke, William J., 2011. "Pathways into and out of Poverty: A Study of Household Wealth Dynamics in Rural Kenya," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103377, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Taylor, William E, 1981.
"Panel Data and Unobservable Individual Effects,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1377-98, November.
- Suri, Tavneet & Tschirley, David L. & Irungu, Charity & Gitau, Raphael & Kariuki, Daniel, 2008. "Rural Incomes, Inequality and Poverty Dynamics in Kenya," Working Papers 202613, Egerton University, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development.
- Naschold, Felix & Barrett, Christopher B., 2010. "A stochastic dominance approach to program evaluation with an application to child nutritional status in arid and semi-arid Kenya," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 62013, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jacob Ricker-Gilbert & Thomas S. Jayne & Ephraim Chirwa, 2010. "Subsidies and Crowding Out: A Double-Hurdle Model of Fertilizer Demand in Malawi," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(1), pages 26-42.
- Yamano, Takashi & Jayne, T. S., 2004. "Measuring the Impacts of Working-Age Adult Mortality on Small-Scale Farm Households in Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 91-119, January.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midiwp:121864. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.