Conceptual Framework for Measuring Supply Chain Performance: An Innovative Approach
The process of developing appropriate supply chain performance measurement instruments is difficult due to the complexity of supply chains. This paper presents an overview and evaluation of the performance measurement instruments used in supply chain models. As a result it advances a framework for developing an innovative supply chain performance measurement instrument which is generally applicable and which incorporates single organisational measures with inter-organisational and supply chain measures. The instrument distinguishes between qualitative and quantitative performance measures. Finally, it proposes supply chain satisfaction balance/ imbalance, as a qualitative supply chain performance measure.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://uf.ilb.uni-bonn.de/innovation2007|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Beamon, Benita M., 1998. "Supply chain design and analysis:: Models and methods," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 281-294, August.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Martin A. Lariviere, 1999. "Capacity Choice and Allocation: Strategic Behavior and Supply Chain Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(8), pages 1091-1108, August.
- Hicks, C. & McGovern, T. & Earl, C. F., 2000. "Supply chain management: A strategic issue in engineer to order manufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 179-190, April.
- Morris A. Cohen & Jehoshua Eliasberg & Teck-Hua Ho, 1996. "New Product Development: The Performance and Time-to-Market Tradeoff," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 173-186, February.
- Robert G Cooper & Elko J Kleinschmidt, 1985. "The Impact of Export Strategy on Export Sales Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(1), pages 37-55, March.
- Jefferson, Gary & Hu, Albert G. Z. & Guan, Xiaojing & Yu, Xiaoyun, 2003. "Ownership, performance, and innovation in China's large- and medium-size industrial enterprise sector," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 89-113.
- de Ron, Ad J., 1995. "Measure of manufacturing performance in advanced manufacturing systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-3), pages 147-160, October.
- Leong, G. K. & Snyder, D. L. & Ward, P. T., 1990. "Research in the process and content of manufacturing strategy," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 109-122.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iefi07:6577. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.