Innovation Systems and the Competitive Progress in Developing Economies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Metcalfe, Stan & Ramlogan, Ronnie, 2008. "Innovation systems and the competitive process in developing economies," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 433-446, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Dieter Ernst, 2002.
"Global production networks and the changing geography of innovation systems. Implications for developing countries,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 497-523.
- Dieter Ernst, 2000. "Global Production Networks and the Changing Geography of Innovation Systems: Implications for Developing Countries," Economics Study Area Working Papers 09, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Nathan ROSENBERG, 2009.
"Why do firms do basic research (with their own money)?,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Studies On Science And The Innovation Process Selected Works of Nathan Rosenberg, chapter 11, pages 225-234
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 1990. "Why do firms do basic research (with their own money)?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 165-174, April.
- John Stanley Metcalfe & Ronnie Ramlogan, 2007.
"Competition and the Regulation of Economic Development,"
Chapters,in: Competitive Advantage and Competition Policy in Developing Countries, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Metcalfe, J.S. & Ramlogan, R., 2005. "Competition and the regulation of economic development," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 215-235, May.
- Lynn Mytelka, 2000. "Local Systems Of Innovation In A Globalized World Economy," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 15-32.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2001. "The Microeconomics of Technological Systems," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199245536.
- Nelson, Richard R., 2004. "The market economy, and the scientific commons," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 455-471, April.
- Cristiano Antonelli & Pier Paolo Patrucco & Francesco Quatraro, 2008.
"The governance of localized knowledge externalities,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 479-498.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Patrucco, Pier Paolo & Quatraro, Francesco, 2008. "The governance of localized knowledge externalities," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200801, University of Turin.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1994. "Technology and International Differences in Growth Rates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1147-1175, September.
- Carlsson, Bo & Jacobsson, Staffan & Holmen, Magnus & Rickne, Annika, 2002. "Innovation systems: analytical and methodological issues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 233-245, February.
- Freeman, Chris, 1995. "The 'National System of Innovation' in Historical Perspective," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 5-24, February.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- J. Metcalfe, 2004. "The entrepreneur and the style of modern economics," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 157-175, June.
- Alcorta, Ludovico & Peres, Wilson, 1998. "Innovation systems and technological specialization in Latin America and the Caribbean," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 857-881, April.
- Banji Oyelaran‐Oyeyinka & Lou Barclay, 2004. "Human Capital and Systems of Innovation in African Development," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 16(1), pages 115-138.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- João Prates Romero, 2016. "Increasing Returns To Scale, Technological Catch-Up And Research Intensity: An Industry-Level Investigation Combining Eu Klems Productivity Data With Patent Data," Anais do XLIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 43rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 102, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Watkins, Andrew & Papaioannou, Theo & Mugwagwa, Julius & Kale, Dinar, 2015. "National innovation systems and the intermediary role of industry associations in building institutional capacities for innovation in developing countries: A critical review of the literature," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1407-1418.
- Helen Lawton Smith & Sharmistha Bagchi-Sen & Laurel Edmunds, 2016. "Science, Innovation and Technology Transfer Pathways in Translational Research: A Study of Divergent Trajectories in the Healthcare Sector in Europe," Working Papers 35, Birkbeck Centre for Innovation Management Research, revised Aug 2016.
- Coenen, Lars & Benneworth, Paul & Truffer, Bernhard, 2012.
"Toward a spatial perspective on sustainability transitions,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 968-979.
- Coenen, Lars & Benneworth, Paul & Truffer, Bernhard, 2010. "Towards a spatial perspective on sustainability transitions," Papers in Innovation Studies 2010/8, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Frank, Alejandro Germán & Cortimiglia, Marcelo Nogueira & Ribeiro, José Luis Duarte & Oliveira, Lindomar Subtil de, 2016. "The effect of innovation activities on innovation outputs in the Brazilian industry: Market-orientation vs. technology-acquisition strategies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 577-592.
- Filipiak, Ute, 2016. "Trusting financial institutions: Out of reach, out of trust?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 200-214.
- Kebede, Kassahun Y. & Mitsufuji, Toshio, 2017. "Technological innovation system building for diffusion of renewable energy technology: A case of solar PV systems in Ethiopia," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 242-253.
- repec:pkk:meb017:42-54 is not listed on IDEAS
- Crespo, Nuno Fernandes & Crespo, Cátia Fernandes, 2016. "Global innovation index: Moving beyond the absolute value of ranking with a fuzzy-set analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 5265-5271.
- Engel, Nora, 2008. "Drivers and Barriers of Innovation Dynamics in Healthcare - Towards a framework for analyzing innovation in Tuberculosis control in India," MERIT Working Papers 077, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Autio, Erkko & Kenney, Martin & Mustar, Philippe & Siegel, Don & Wright, Mike, 2014. "Entrepreneurial innovation: The importance of context," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 1097-1108.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:127:y:2018:i:c:p:57-69 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:growch:v:47:y:2016:i:4:p:535-555 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nathalie Lazaric & Valerie Merindol & Sylvie Rochhia, 2011.
"Changes in the French Defence Innovation System: New Roles and Capabilities for the Government Agency for Defence,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(5), pages 509-530.
- Nathalie Lazaric & Valérie Mérindol & Sylvie Rochhia, 2011. "Changes in the French defence innovation system: New roles and capabilities for the Government Agency for Defence," Post-Print hal-00599727, HAL.
- Chataway, Joanna & Hanlin, Rebecca & Mugwagwa, Julius & Muraguri, Lois, 2010. "Global health social technologies: Reflections on evolving theories and landscapes," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1277-1288, December.
- Ponomariov, Branco & Toivanen, Hannes, 2014. "Knowledge flows and bases in emerging economy innovation systems: Brazilian research 2005–2009," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 588-596.
- Dodgson, Mark & Hughes, Alan & Foster, John & Metcalfe, Stan, 2011.
"Systems thinking, market failure, and the development of innovation policy: The case of Australia,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1145-1156.
- Dodgson, M. & Foster, J. & Hughes, A. & Metcalfe, J.S., 2009. "Systems Thinking, Market Failure, and the Development of Innovation Policy: The Case of Australia," Working Papers wp397, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Mark Dodgson & Alan Hughes & John Foster & J.S. Metcalfe, 2010. "Systems thinking, market failure, and the development of innovation policy- The case of Australia," Discussion Papers Series 403, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Bleda, Mercedes & del Río, Pablo, 2013. "The market failure and the systemic failure rationales in technological innovation systems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 1039-1052.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Crespi & Alessandro Palma, 2015. "Characterizing the policy mix and its impact on eco-innovation in energy-efficient technologies," SEEDS Working Papers 1115, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Jun 2015.
- Natalie Holden, 2015. "An exploration of interactive contextual and dispositional factors which influence a collective process of entrepreneurial activity: a novel case at Bristol Zoo," Working Papers 27, Birkbeck Centre for Innovation Management Research, revised Nov 2015.
- Hansen, Teis & Coenen, Lars, 2015. "Unpacking investment decisions in biorefineries," Papers in Innovation Studies 2015/34, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Lenihan, Helena, 2011. "Enterprise policy evaluation: Is there a 'new' way of doing it?," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 323-332, November.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:idpmcr:30672. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idmanuk.html .