Seed market liberalization, hybrid maize adoption, and impacts on smallholder farmers in Tanzania
Published as Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood Discussion Paper #12. Full text available at http://purl.umn.edu/131756
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.iaae-agecon.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Japhether, W. & De Groote, Hugo & Lawrence, M. & Danda, Milton Kengo & Mohammed, Lutta, 2006. "Recycling Hybrid Maize Varieties: Is It Backward Practice or Innovative Response to Adverse Conditions in Kenya?," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25726, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Esther Duflo & Michael Kremer & Jonathan Robinson, 2008. "How High Are Rates of Return to Fertilizer? Evidence from Field Experiments in Kenya," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 482-88, May.
- George E. Battese, 1997. "A Note On The Estimation Of Cobb-Douglas Production Functions When Some Explanatory Variables Have Zero Values," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-3), pages 250-252.
- Ira Matuschke & Matin Qaim, 2008. "Seed Market Privatisation and Farmers' Access to Crop Technologies: The Case of Hybrid Pearl Millet Adoption in India," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 498-515, 09.
- Paul Winters & Alessandro Maffioli & Lina Salazar, 2011. "Introduction to the Special Feature: Evaluating the Impact of Agricultural Projects in Developing Countries," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 393-402, 06.
- Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele & Muricho, Geoffrey, 2011. "Agricultural Technology, Crop Income, and Poverty Alleviation in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1784-1795.
- Hugo De Groote & George Owuor & Cheryl Doss & James Ouma & Lutta Muhammad & K. Danda, 2005.
"The Maize Green Revolution in Kenya Revisited,"
The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics,
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 2(1), pages 32-49.
- De Groote, Hugo & Owuor, George & Doss, Cheryl R. & Ouma, James Okuro & Muhammad, Lutta & Danda, Milton Kengo, 2005. "The Maize Green Revolution in Kenya Revisited," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 2(1).
- Smale, Melinda & Jayne, T.S., 2003. "Maize in Eastern and Southern Africa: 'seeds' of success in retrospect," EPTD discussion papers 97, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mulubrhan Amare & Solomon Asfaw & Bekele Shiferaw, 2012. "Welfare impacts of maize–pigeonpea intensification in Tanzania," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(1), pages 27-43, 01.
- Deepthi Elizabeth Kolady & David J. Spielman & Anthony Cavalieri, 2012. "The Impact of Seed Policy Reforms and Intellectual Property Rights on Crop Productivity in India," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 361-384, 06.
- Ira Matuschke & Matin Qaim, 2009. "The impact of social networks on hybrid seed adoption in India," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(5), pages 493-505, 09.
- Jayne, T. S. & Govereh, J. & Mwanaumo, A. & Nyoro, J. K. & Chapoto, A., 2002. "False Promise or False Premise? The Experience of Food and Input Market Reform in Eastern and Southern Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1967-1985, November.
- Anwar Naseem & David J. Spielman & Steven Were Omamo, 2010. "Private-sector investment in R&D: a review of policy options to promote its growth in developing-country agriculture," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 143-173.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae12:126231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.