The Race for Leasing Rights: Pasture Access and Institutional Change During Post-socialist Reforms in Azerbaijan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Johan F. M. Swinnen & Ayo Heinegg, 2002.
"On the political economy of land reforms in the former Soviet Union,"
Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(7), pages 1019-1031.
- Johan Swinnen & Ayo Heinegg, 2002. "On the Political Economy of Land Reforms in the Former Soviet Union," LICOS Discussion Papers 11502, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Angelsen, Arild, 1995. "Shifting cultivation and "deforestation": A study from Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1713-1729, October.
- Sikor, Thomas & Müller, Daniel, 2009. "The Limits of State-Led Land Reform: An Introduction," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1307-1316, August.
- Umbeck, John, 1981. "Might Makes Rights: A Theory of the Formation and Initial Distribution of Property Rights," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(1), pages 38-59, January.
- Csaki, Csaba & Lerman, Zvi, 1994. "Land Reform and Farm Sector Restructuring in the Former Socialist Countries in Europe," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 21(3-4), pages 553-576.
- Anderson, Terry L & Hill, Peter J, 1990. "The Race for Property Rights," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 177-197, April.
- Barzel,Yoram, 1997. "Economic Analysis of Property Rights," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521597135, January.
- Banks, Tony, 2003. "Property Rights Reform in Rangeland China: Dilemmas On the Road to the Household Ranch," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 2129-2142, December.
- R. Quentin Grafton, 2000. "Governance of the Commons: A Role for the State?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(4), pages 504-517.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Leeson, Peter T. & Harris, Colin, 2018. "Wealth-destroying private property rights," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 1-9.
- Pietri, Antoine, 2015. "« Propriété » ou « possession » : une question de sémantique…ou de paradigme ? [“Property” or “possession”: just a matter of semantics…or paradigm?]," MPRA Paper 67096, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:zbw:iamost:254051 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matyukha, Andriy, 2017. "Business groups in agriculture impact of ownership structures on performance: The case of Russia's agroholdings," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies 254051, Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Suyanto, S. & Sonobe, Tetsushi & Tomich, Thomas P., 2001.
"Evolution of land tenure institutions and development of agroforestry: evidence from customary land areas of Sumatra,"
Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 85-101, June.
- Keijiro Otsuka & S. Suyanto & Tetsushi Sonobe & Thomas P. Tomich, 2000. "Evolution of land tenure institutions and development of agroforestry: evidence from customary land areas of Sumatra," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 25(1), pages 85-101, June.
- Matyukha, Andriy, 2017. "Business groups in agriculture. Impact of ownership structures on performance: The case of Russia's agroholdings," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 85, number 85, December.
- Sikor, Thomas, 2005. "Agro-Environmental Governance and the State: Lessons from Central and Eastern Europe," Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 40, March.
- Zhllima, Edvin & Rama, Klodjan & Imami, Drini, 2021. "Agriculture land markets in transition - The inherited challenge of the post-communist land reform in Albania," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- Clay, Karen & Wright, Gavin, 2005. "Order without law? Property rights during the California gold rush," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 155-183, April.
- Benito Arruñada, 2012.
"Property as an economic concept: reconciling legal and economic conceptions of property rights in a Coasean framework,"
International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 59(2), pages 121-144, July.
- Benito Arruñada, 2012. "Property as an Economic Concept: Reconciling Legal and Economic Conceptions of Property Rights in a Coasean Framework," Working Papers 614, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Benito Arruñada, 2012. "Property as an economic concept: Reconciling legal and economic conceptions of property rights in a Coasean framework," Economics Working Papers 1308, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Bryan Leonard & Gary D. Libecap, 2016. "Collective Action by Contract: Prior Appropriation and the Development of Irrigation in the Western United States," NBER Working Papers 22185, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicolai J. Foss, 2010. "Property Rights Economics," Chapters, in: Peter G. Klein & Michael E. Sykuta (ed.), The Elgar Companion to Transaction Cost Economics, chapter 10, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kirsten Foss & Nicolai Foss, 2001. "Assets, Attributes and Ownership," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 19-37.
- Liu, Jing & Qin, Tianbao, 2018. "A Comparative Analysis of Fishing Rights From a Transaction Cost Perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 89-99.
- Vahabi,Mehrdad, 2019. "The Political Economy of Predation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107591370, January.
- Leonid Polishchuk & Alexei Savvateev, 2004. "Spontaneous (non)emergence of property rights," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(1), pages 103-127, March.
- Karen Clay & Gavin Wright, 2004. "Order Without Law? Property Rights During the California Gold Rush," Discussion Papers 03-033, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Harris,Colin & Cai,Meina & Murtazashvili,Ilia & Murtazashvili,Jennifer Brick, 2020. "The Origins and Consequences of Property Rights," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781108969055, January.
- Fernandez, Linda, 2006. "Natural resources, agriculture and property rights," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 359-373, May.
- Ratinger, Tomas & Krumalova, Veronika & Prazan, Jaroslav, 2004. "Institutional Options for the Conservation of Biodiversity: Evidence from the Czech Republic," Discussion Papers 18888, CEESA: Central and Eastern European Sustainable Agriculture International Research Project.
- Kamilia Loukil, 2020. "Dynamic Panel Data Analysis Of The Impact Of Intellectual Property Rights On Entrepreneurship In Emerging And Developing Countries," Oradea Journal of Business and Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 5(1), pages 40-48, March.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Environmental Economics and Policy; Farm Management; Institutional and Behavioral Economics; International Development; Political Economy;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:huiain:148489. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iahubde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iahubde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.