Differences Of Import Requirements In Agri-Food Trade – An Explorative Analysis Of New Data
This paper presents an analysis of requirements in international agri-food trade by applying new data collected in the EU project “NTM impact”. For the analysis, an index of regulatory heterogeneity in trade is developed so as to combine binary, ordered and quantitative information contents of different types of requirements. The results of the index analysis shed light on which requirements differ between pairs of trade partner countries and show which products are regulated more than others. In a second step, the results will be set into the context of trade indicators such as trade flows for example. The analysis of differences of requirements between countries can provide useful insights for policy-makers when deciding on convergence, harmonisation or equivalence of requirements or when solving market access issues due to regulatory heterogeneity.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bundesallee 50, 38116 Braunschweig|
Phone: 0531 / 596 5501
Fax: 0531 / 596 5599
Web page: http://www.gewisola.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789813144415_0007 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frank van Tongeren & Anne-Célia Disdier & Joanna Ilicic-Komorowska & Stéphane Marette & Martin von Lampe, 2010. "Case Studies of Costs and Benefits of Non-Tariff Measures: Cheese, Shrimp and Flowers," OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers 28, OECD Publishing.
- John Beghin & Anne-Célia Disdier & Stéphan Marette & Frank Van Tongeren, 2017.
"Welfare costs and benefits of non-tariff measures in trade: a conceptual framework and application,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Nontariff Measures and International Trade, chapter 7, pages 119-138
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Beghin, John & Disdier, Anne-Célia & Marette, Stéphan & Van Tongeren, Frank, 2012. "Welfare costs and benefits of non-tariff measures in trade: a conceptual framework and application," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(03), pages 356-375, July.
- John Christopher Beghin & Anne-Célia Disdier & Stéphan Marette & Frank Van Tongeren, 2012. "Welfare costs and benefits of non-tariff measures in trade: a conceptual framework and application," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00754587, HAL.
- Niven Winchester & Marie-Luise Rau & Christian Goetz & Bruno Larue & Tsunehiro Otsuki & Karl Shutes & Christine Wieck & Heloisa L. Burnquist & Maurício J. Pinto de Souza & Rosane Nunes de Faria, 2012. "The Impact of Regulatory Heterogeneity on Agri-food Trade," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(8), pages 973-993, 08. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:gewi12:133050. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.