Prevalence of key developments in trade of agro-food in the new member states of the European Union
The ten new member states (NMS- 10) of the European Union (EU) have contributed to an enhancement in agro- food trade among cur rent EU- 25 members. Intra- industry trade (IIT) represents only minor part of NMS- 10 trade in agro- food products. Their trade in agro- food products is specialised to different countries in terms of economic distance, factor endowments and/or degree of competitiveness of their agro- food sectors. The borderless EU markets are likely to influence the increase of IIT with implications for the EU trade policy, since more than one- third of agro- food trade in the current EU- 25 members is represented by NMS- 10.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthieu Bussière & Jarko Fidrmuc & Bernd Schnatz, 2005.
"Trade Integration of Central and Eastern European Countries: Lessons from a Gravity Model,"
105, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Bussière, Matthieu & Fidrmuc, Jarko & Schnatz, Bernd, 2005. "Trade integration of Central and Eastern European countries: lessons from a gravity model," Working Paper Series 0545, European Central Bank.
- Pelzman, Joseph, 1977. "Trade Creation and Trade Diversion in the Council of Mutual Economic Assistance: 1954-70," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 713-22, September.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1979. "Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 469-479, November.
- Bojnec, Stefan & Majkovic, Darja & Turk, Jernej, 2005. "Trade Types in Slovenian Primary and Processed Agricultural Trade," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24477, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Carmen Mora, 2002. "The role of comparative advantage in trade within industries: A panel data approach for the European Union," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 138(2), pages 291-316, June.
- Kamal Abd-el-Rahman, 1991. "Firms’ competitive and national comparative advantages as joint determinants of trade composition," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 83-97, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae98:10052. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.