Institutional Units and Agricultural Statistics
Hitherto the basic units of agricultural statistics have been fictional (the holding and the Local KAU). The case is made that for many purposes basing economic statistics on the institutional units that undertake production - household-firms and corporations - would bring substantial advantages in terms of improving quality, easier interpretation and greater policy relevance. In particular, accounts drawn up for household-firms and companies should be constructed to complement the traditional activity accounts at aggregate and microeconomic levels. Implications for data systems are discussed.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chaplin, Hannah & Davidova, Sophia & Gorton, Matthew, 2002. "Non-Agricultural Diversification of Farm Households and Corporate Farms in Central Europe," Workshop on the Farm Household-Firm Unit: Its Importance in Agriculture and Implications for Statistics, April 12-13, 2002, Wye Campus,Imperial College 15728, International Agricultural Policy Reform and Adjustment Project (IAPRAP).
- Allanson, Paul & Hubbard, Lionel, 1999.
"On the Comparative Evaluation of Agricultural Income Distributions in the European Union,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 26(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Paul Allanson & Lionel Hubbard, 1998. "On The Comparative Evaluation Of Agricultural Income Distributions In The European Union," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 093, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Laurent, Catherine & Rémy, Jacques, 1998. "Agricultural holdings: hindsight and foresight," MPRA Paper 21863, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berkeley Hill, 1998. "The Implications for Agricultural Statistics of Changes in the System of National Accounts," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 359-377.
- Susan Offutt, 2002. "The Future of Farm Policy Analysis: A Household Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1189-1200.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & El-Osta, Hisham S. & Morehart, Mitchell J. & Johnson, James D. & Hopkins, Jeffrey W., 2002. "Income, Wealth, And The Economic Well-Being Of Farm Households," Agricultural Economics Reports 33967, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae94:24410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.