EU Dairy Sector: Impact of Luxemburg Reform, EU Enlargement and Trade Negotiations
The EU dairy sector is facing a period of significant changes that are due to three major decisions: the EU enlargement, the Luxembourg reform and on-going WTO negotiations. To evaluate the impact of such changes we developed a model of the EU and world dairy industry. The model is composed of two modules that interact: a milk and beef supply module and a dairy industry module. In this paper we present the model and focus on elements that are crucial for a better understanding of the impact of reforms: quota rents in the EU, evolution of production in the new member states and trade policy.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sylvain Larivière & Karl Meilke, 1999. "An Assessment of Partial Dairy Trade Liberalization on the U.S., EU–15 and Canada," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 47(5), pages 59-73, December.
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989.
"Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 1988. "Model of Production with Supply Management for the Canadian Agricultural Sector, A," Staff General Research Papers 11269, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, 1.
- Zohra Bouamra-Mechemache & Héla Hadj Ali-Kein & Vincent Réquillart, 2003. "L'impact sur les marchés du lait et des produits laitiers de l'accord de Luxembourg," INRA Sciences Sociales, INRA Department of Economics.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George G. & Miller, Douglas, 1996. "Maximum Entropy Econometrics," Staff General Research Papers 1488, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Moro, Daniele & Nardella, Michele & Sckokai, Paolo, 2005. "Regional Distribution of Short-Run, Medium-Run and Long-Run Quota Rents Across EU-15 Milk Producers," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24615, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae05:24581. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.