EU Dairy Sector: Impact of Luxemburg Reform, EU Enlargement and Trade Negotiations
The EU dairy sector is facing a period of significant changes that are due to three major decisions: the EU enlargement, the Luxembourg reform and on-going WTO negotiations. To evaluate the impact of such changes we developed a model of the EU and world dairy industry. The model is composed of two modules that interact: a milk and beef supply module and a dairy industry module. In this paper we present the model and focus on elements that are crucial for a better understanding of the impact of reforms: quota rents in the EU, evolution of production in the new member states and trade policy.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sylvain Larivière & Karl Meilke, 1999. "An Assessment of Partial Dairy Trade Liberalization on the U.S., EU–15 and Canada," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 47(5), pages 59-73, December.
- Zohra Bouamra-Mechemache & Héla Hadj Ali-Kein & Vincent Réquillart, 2003. "L'impact sur les marchés du lait et des produits laitiers de l'accord de Luxembourg," INRA Sciences Sociales, INRA Department of Economics.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, Diciembre.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George G. & Miller, Douglas, 1996. "Maximum Entropy Econometrics," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1488, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987.
"Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moro, Daniele & Nardella, Michele & Sckokai, Paolo, 2005. "Regional Distribution of Short-Run, Medium-Run and Long-Run Quota Rents Across EU-15 Milk Producers," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24615, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 1988. "Model of Production with Supply Management for the Canadian Agricultural Sector, A," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11269, Iowa State University, Department of Economics. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae05:24581. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.