Catching up or falling behind in Eastern European agriculture – the case of milk production
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Antonio Álvarez & Carlos Arias & William Greene, 2004.
"Accounting for unobservables in production models:management and inefficiency,"
Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces
E2004/72, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Bill Greene with Antonio Alvarez (Univ. of Oviedo) & Carlos Arias (Univ. of Leon), 2004. "Accounting For Unobservables In Production Models: Management And Inefficiency," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 341, Econometric Society.
- Álvarez, Antonio & Arias, Carlos & Greene, William, 2005. "Accounting for Unobservables in Production Models: Management and Inefficiency," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/07, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Lukáš Čechura & Heinrich Hockmann, 2010.
"Sources of Economical Growth in the Czech Food Processing,"
Prague Economic Papers, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2010(2), pages 169-182.
- Cechura, Lukas & Hockmann, Heinrich, 2010. "Sources of economical growth in the Czech food processing," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 169-182.
- Latruffe, Laure & Fogarasi, József & Desjeux, Yann, 2012.
"Efficiency, productivity and technology comparison for farms in Central and Western Europe: The case of field crop and dairy farming in Hungary and France,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 264-278.
- Laure Latruffe & József Fogarasi & Yann Desjeux, 2012. "Efficiency, productivity and technology comparison for farms in central and western europe : the case of field crop and dairy farming in hungary and france," Post-Print hal-01208812, HAL.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- Latruffe, Laure & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Moreira, Victor H. & Desjeux, Yann & Dupraz, Pierre, 2012. "Productivity and Subsidies in the European Union: An Analysis for Dairy Farms Using Input Distance Frontiers," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126846, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Xavier Sala-I-Martin, 1997. "Transfers, Social Safety Nets, and Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Lajos Zoltan Bakucs & Laure Latruffe & Imre Fertő & Jozsef Fogarasi, 2010. "The impact of EU accession on farms' technical efficiency in Hungary," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 165-175.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lajos Barath & Heinrich Hockmann, 2016. "Technological differences, theoretically consistent frontiers and technical efficiency: a Random parameter application in the Hungarian crop producing farms," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1636, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Lajos Baráth & Imre Fertő, 2017. "Productivity and Convergence in European Agriculture," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(1), pages 228-248, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cechura, Lukas, 2012. "Technological change in the Czech food processing industry: What did we experience in the last decade?," 131st Seminar, September 18-19, 2012, Prague, Czech Republic 135782, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lajos Baráth & Imre Fertő & Heinrich Hockmann, 2020.
"Technological Differences, Theoretical Consistency, and Technical Efficiency: The Case of Hungarian Crop-Producing Farms,"
Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-1, February.
- Baráth, Lajos & Fertő, Imre & Hockmann, Heinrich, 2020. "Technological differences, theoretical consistency, and technical efficiency: The case of Hungarian crop-producing farms," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 1-17.
- Lukas Cechura & Aaron Grau & Heinrich Hockmann & Inna Levkovych & Zdenka Kroupova, 2017. "Catching Up or Falling Behind in European Agriculture: The Case of Milk Production," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(1), pages 206-227, February.
- Raimundo Soto & Rosalía Vásquez, 2011. "The Efficiency Cost of the Kafala in Dubai: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Documentos de Trabajo 399, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Massimo Del Gatto & Adriana Di Liberto & Carmelo Petraglia, 2011. "Measuring Productivity," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5), pages 952-1008, December.
- Cechura, L. & Hockmann, H. & Malý, M. & Žáková Kroupová, Z., 2015. "Comparison of Technology and Technical Efficiency in Cereal Production among EU Countries," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 7(2), pages 1-11, June.
- Fertő, Imre & Baráth, Lajos, 2013. "Heterogenitás és technikai hatékonyság - a magyar specializált szántóföldi növénytermesztő üzemek esete [Heterogeneity and technical efficiency - the case of Hungarys specialized arable crop produc," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(6), pages 650-669.
- Drivas, Kyriakos & Economidou, Claire & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2014. "A Poisson Stochastic Frontier Model with Finite Mixture Structure," MPRA Paper 57485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cechura, Lukas & Hockmann, Heinrich, 2014. "Heterogeneity in Technology and Efficiency – Specifics of the Food Processing Industry in the Visegrád Countries," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182662, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bos, J.W.B. & Economidou, C. & Koetter, M., 2010. "Technology clubs, R&D and growth patterns: Evidence from EU manufacturing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 60-79, January.
- Jerzy Marzec & Andrzej Pisulewski, 2017. "The Effect of CAP Subsidies on the Technical Efficiency of Polish Dairy Farms," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 9(3), pages 243-273, September.
- repec:zbw:rwidps:0030 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kristinn Hermannsson & Patrizio Lecca, 2016.
"Human Capital in Economic Development: From Labour Productivity to Macroeconomic Impact,"
Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 35(1), pages 24-36, March.
- Kristinn Hermannsson & Patrizio Lecca, 2015. "Human capital in economic development: from labour productiviey to macroeconomic impact," Working Papers 1501, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Hermannsson, Kristinn & Lecca, Patrizio, 2015. "Human Capital in Economics Development: From Labour Productivity to Macroeconomic Impact," SIRE Discussion Papers 2015-53, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Barnett, William A. & Erwin Diewert, W. & Zellner, Arnold, 2011.
"Introduction to measurement with theory,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 161(1), pages 1-5, March.
- Barnett, William A. & Diewert, W. Erwin & Zellner, Arnold, 2009. "Introduction to Measurement with Theory," MPRA Paper 14868, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Barnett & W. Erwin Diewert & Arnold Zellner, 2009. "Introduction to Measurement with Theory," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200906, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2009.
- Fabiana Rocha & Veronica Orellano, Karina Bugarin, 2016. "Local public finances in Brazil: are mayoral characteristics important?," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2016_04, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Yew-Kwang Ng & Xiaokai Yang, 2005.
"Specialization, Information, And Growth: A Sequential Equilibrium Analysis,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: An Inframarginal Approach To Trade Theory, chapter 20, pages 447-474,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Yew‐Kwang Ng & Xiaokai Yang, 1997. "Specialization, Information, and Growth: A Sequential Equilibrium Analysis," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(3), pages 257-274, October.
- Ng, Y.K. & Yang, X., 1999. "Specialization, Information, and Growth: A Sequential Equilibrium Analysis," Papers 7, Chicago - Graduate School of Business.
- Yew-Kwang Ng & Xiaokai Yang, 1999. "Specialization, Information, and Growth: A Sequential Equilibrium Analysis," CID Working Papers 7, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Yew-Kwang Ng & Xiaokai Yang, 1999. "Specialization, Information, and Growth: A Sequential Equilibrium Analysis," CID Working Papers 07A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Naddeo, Andreina, 2014. "How crime affects the economy: evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 65419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asongu Simplice, 2014.
"Fresh Patterns of Liberalization, Bank Return and Return Uncertainty in Africa,"
Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute.
14/004, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Simplice Anutechia Asongu, 2014. "Fresh Patterns of Liberalization, Bank Return and Return Uncertainty in Africa," AAYE Policy Research Working Paper Series 14_016, Association of African Young Economists, revised Sep 2014.
- Simplice A. Asongu, 2014. "Fresh Patterns of Liberalization, Bank Return and Return Uncertainty in Africa," Research Africa Network Working Papers 14/004, Research Africa Network (RAN).
- Asongu, Simplice, 2014. "Fresh Patterns of Liberalization, Bank Return and Return Uncertainty in Africa," MPRA Paper 56813, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Görkemli Kazar & Altuð Kazar, 2015. "Is “Harmonious Development” Valid for European Union Regions?," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(4), pages 954-967.
- Глазьев С.Ю. & Горидько Н.П. & Нижегородцев Р.М., 2016. "Критика Формулы Ирвинга Фишера И Иллюзии Современной Монетарной Политики," Журнал Экономика и математические методы (ЭММ), Центральный Экономико-Математический Институт (ЦЭМИ), vol. 52(4), pages 3-23, октябрь.
- David de la CROIX, 2014. "Economic Growth," LIDAM Discussion Papers IRES 2014019, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-12-19 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa142:168927. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.