Technological change in the Czech food processing industry: What did we experience in the last decade?
The paper examines the contribution of technological change to changes in technical efficiency and TFP (Total Factor Productivity). The results show that the technological change did not contribute significantly to the development of efficiency in all analyzed sector. However, the distribution of technical change suggests that the gap between the best and worst food processing companies increased within the analyzed period. On the other hand, the technological change was an important factor determining the TFP increase in all sectors.
|Date of creation:||18 Sep 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cechura, Lukas & Hockmann, Heinrich, 2011. "Efficiency and Heterogeneity in Czech Food Processing Industry," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114314, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- Lukáš Čechura & Heinrich Hockmann, 2010. "Sources of Economical Growth in the Czech Food Processing," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(2), pages 169-182.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Hockmann, Heinrich & Pieniadz, Agata, 2008.
"Farm Heterogeneity and Efficiency in Polish Agriculture: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis,"
2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium
44278, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hockmann, Heinrich & Pieniadz, Agata, 2007. "Farm Heterogeneity and Efficiency in Polish Agriculture: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," 104th Seminar, September 5-8, 2007, Budapest, Hungary 7823, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa131:135782. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.