Farm Heterogeneity and Efficiency in Polish Agriculture: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hockmann, Heinrich & Pieniadz, Agata, 2008. "Farm Heterogeneity and Efficiency in Polish Agriculture: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44278, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zoltán Bakucs, Lajos & Fertő, Imre & Fogarasi, József, 2007. "Technical Efficiency of Hungarian Farms Before and After Accession," 100th Seminar, June 21-23, 2007, Novi Sad, Serbia and Montenegro 162366, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Antonio Álvarez & Carlos Arias & William Greene, 2004.
"Accounting for unobservables in production models:management and inefficiency,"
Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces
E2004/72, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Álvarez, Antonio & Arias, Carlos & Greene, William, 2005. "Accounting for Unobservables in Production Models: Management and Inefficiency," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/07, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Bill Greene with Antonio Alvarez (Univ. of Oviedo) & Carlos Arias (Univ. of Leon), 2004. "Accounting For Unobservables In Production Models: Management And Inefficiency," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 341, Econometric Society.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1984. "Panel data," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1247-1318 Elsevier.
- Allen, Douglas W & Lueck, Dean, 1998. "The Nature of the Farm," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(2), pages 343-386, October.
- Bernhard Brümmer & Thomas Glauben & Geert Thijssen, 2002. "Decomposition of Productivity Growth Using Distance Functions: The Case of Dairy Farms in Three European Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 628-644.
- Darla Munroe, 2001. "Economic Efficiency in Polish Peasant Farming: An International Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 461-471.
- Schmitt, Gunther, 1989. "Farms, Farm Households, and Productivity of Resource Use in Agriculture," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 16(2), pages 257-284.
- Laure Latruffe & Kelvin Balcombe & Sophia Davidova & Katarzyna Zawalinska, 2004. "Determinants of technical efficiency of crop and livestock farms in Poland," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(12), pages 1255-1263.
- Pollak, Robert A, 1985. "A Transaction Cost Approach to Families and Households," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 581-608, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cechura, Lukas, 2012. "Technological change in the Czech food processing industry: What did we experience in the last decade?," 131st Seminar, September 18-19, 2012, Prague, Czech Republic 135782, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Cechura, Lukas & Hockmann, Heinrich, 2011. "Efficiency and Heterogeneity in Czech Food Processing Industry," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114314, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Qirui Li & T. S. Amjath-Babu & Peter Zander & Zhen Liu & Klaus Müller, 2016. "Sustainability of Smallholder Agriculture in Semi-Arid Areas under Land Set-aside Programs: A Case Study from China’s Loess Plateau," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-17, April.
- Nadia Belhaj Hassine, 2008. "Technology Diffusion, International Spillovers and Human Capital in the Mediterranean Agricultural Sector," Working Papers 405, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2008.
More about this item
KeywordsSFA; random component model; Poland; agriculture; management; Farm Management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa104:7823. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .