Maize Markets And Rural Storage In Mozambique: A Spatial And Temporal Analysis
We employ a mixed complementarity problem (MCP) approach to a spatial and temporal equilibrium model of the maize market in Mozambique. The MCP approach efficiently captures interactions between transpost costs and interest rates, which captures interactions between transport costs and interest rates, which may differ across agents. Results indicate that differentials in interest rates significantly impact marketing patterns.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Benirschka & James K. Binkley, 1995. "Optimal Storage and Marketing Over Space and Time," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(3), pages 512-524.
- Masters, William A. & Nuppenau, Ernst-August, 1993. "Panterritorial versus regional pricing for maize in Zimbabwe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1647-1658, October.
- William A. Masters & Paul V. Preckel, 1997. "A Spatial Analysis of Maize Marketing Policy Reforms in Zambia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 514-523.
- Brennan, Donna & Williams, Jeffrey & Wright, Brian D, 1997. "Convenience Yield without the Convenience: A Spatial-Temporal Interpretation of Storage under Backwardation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(443), pages 1009-22, July.
- Rutherford, Thomas F., 1995. "Extension of GAMS for complementarity problems arising in applied economic analysis," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1299-1324, November.
- E. Leigh Bivings, 1997. "The Seasonal and Spatial Dimensions of Sorghum Market Liberalization in Mexico," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 383-393.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea98:20991. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.