Explaining Production Inefficiency in China’s Agriculture using Data Envelope Analysis and Semi-Parametric Bootstrapping
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Ragan Petrie & Michael Roth, 2005.
"Farm Household Production Efficiency: Evidence from The Gambia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(1), pages 160-179.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Petrie, Ragan & Roth, Michael, 2003. "Farm Household Production Efficiency: Evidence from The Gambia," Efficiency Series Papers 2003/05, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Chen, Zhuo & Huffman, Wallace E. & Rozelle, Scott, 2009.
"Farm technology and technical efficiency: Evidence from four regions in China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 153-161, June.
- Chen, Zhuo & Huffman, Wallace & Rozelle, Scott, 2006. "Farm Technology and Technical Efficiency: Evidence from Four Regions in China," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12605, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Carter, Colin A. & Chen, Jing & Chu, Baojin, 2003. "Agricultural productivity growth in China: farm level versus aggregate measurement," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 53-71.
- Konstantinos Giannakas & Kien C. Tran & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2003. "On the choice of functional form in stochastic frontier modeling," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 75-100, January.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Huffman, Wallace, 2000.
"Structural Adjustment and Economic Efficiency of Rice Farmers in Northern Ghana,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(3), pages 503-520, April.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Huffman, Wallace, 2000. "Structural Adjustment and Economic Efficiency of Rice Farmers in Northern Ghana," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5100, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Maria Alberta Oliveira & Carlos Santos, 2005. "Assessing school efficiency in Portugal using FDH and bootstrapping," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(8), pages 957-968.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Timo Kuosmanen & Diemuth Pemsl & Justus Wesseler, 2006. "Specification and Estimation of Production Functions Involving Damage Control Inputs: A Two-Stage, Semiparametric Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(2), pages 499-511.
- Tulkens, Henry & Vanden Eeckaut, Philippe, 1995.
"Non-parametric efficiency, progress and regress measures for panel data: Methodological aspects,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 474-499, February.
- TULKENS, Henry & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 1993. "Non-Parametric Efficiency, Progress and Regress Measures for Panel Data : Methodological Aspects," CORE Discussion Papers 1993016, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Tulkens, H. & Vanden Eeckaut, P., 1995. "Non-parametric efficiency, progress and regress measures for panel data: Methodological aspects," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1132, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2002. "Production and Productivity Growth in Chinese Agriculture: New National and Regional Measures," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(4), pages 819-838, July.
- Jirong Wang & Eric J. Wailes & Gail L. Cramer, 1996. "A Shadow-Price Frontier Measurement of Profit Efficiency in Chinese Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 146-156.
- repec:cor:louvrp:-1178 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsChina's agriculture; DEA; bootstrapping; technical efficiency; Production Economics; C14; Q1; R5;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- R5 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-11-18 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2008-11-18 (China)
- NEP-EFF-2008-11-18 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-TRA-2008-11-18 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea08:6456. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .