A Water Quality Trading Simulation for Northeast Kansas
A simulation model is developed to quantify the effects of information and trading ratios on the performance of a water quality market. An application of this model to a northeast Kansas watershed suggests that performance is improved by information provision and a 1:1 trading ratio between point and nonpoint loadings.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Atkinson, Scott & Tietenberg, Tom, 1991. "Market failure in incentive-based regulation: The case of emissions trading," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 17-31, July.
- Beaton, Aaron J. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C. & Kastens, Terry L. & Williams, Jeffery R., 2005.
"Per Unit Costs to Own and Operate Farm Machinery,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(01), April.
- Beaton, Aaron J. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C. & Kastens, Terry L. & Williams, Jeffery R., 2005. "Per Unit Costs to Own and Operate Farm Machinery," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(01), pages 131-144, April.
- Beaton, Aaron J. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C. & Kastens, Terry L., 2003. "Per Unit Costs To Own And Operate Farm Machinery," 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama 35229, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Y. Ermoliev & M. Michalevich & A. Nentjes, 2000. "Markets for Tradeable Emission and Ambient Permits: A Dynamic Approach," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 15(1), pages 39-56, January.
- Arun S. Malik & David Letson & Stephen R. Crutchfield, 1993. "Point/Nonpoint Source Trading of Pollution Abatement: Choosing the Right Trading Ratio," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(4), pages 959-967. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea05:19167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.