Does Paying Referees Expedite Reviews?
Time series evidence from the Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics suggests payments for on-time manuscript reviews can reduce review times. Some evidence suggests the effects of payments may attenuate over time.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1994. "Facts and Myths about Refereeing," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 153-163, Winter.
- Glenn Ellison, 2002.
"The Slowdown of the Economics Publishing Process,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(5), pages 947-993, October.
- Glenn Ellison, 2000. "The Slowdown of the Economics Publishing Process," NBER Working Papers 7804, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Beilock & Leo Polopolus, 1988. "Ranking of Agricultural Economics Departments: Influence of Regional Journals, Joint Authorship, and Self-Citations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 70(2), pages 403-409.
- Laband, David N., 2002. "Contribution, attribution and the allocation of intellectual property rights: economics versus agricultural economics," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 125-131, February.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1991. "The Appointment-Book Problem and Commitment, With Applications to Refereeing and Medicine," NBER Working Papers 3928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gregory M. Perry, 1994. "Ranking M.S. and Ph.D. Graduate Programs in Agricultural Economics," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 333-340.
- Engers, Maxim & Gans, Joshua S, 1998. "Why Referees Are Not Paid (Enough)," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1341-1349, December.
- Richard Dusansky & Clayton J. Vernon, 1998. "Rankings of U.S. Economics Departments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 157-170, Winter.
- Loren W. Tauer & Janelle R. Tauer, 1984. "Ranking Doctoral Programs by Journal Contributions of Recent Graduates," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(2), pages 170-172.
- Trivedi, Pravin K, 1993. "An Analysis of Publication Lags in Econometrics," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 93-100, Jan.-Marc. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:19988. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.