Does Paying Referees Expedite Reviews?
Time series evidence from the Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics suggests payments for on-time manuscript reviews can reduce review times. Some evidence suggests the effects of payments may attenuate over time.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glenn Ellison, 2000.
"The Slowdown of the Economics Publishing Process,"
NBER Working Papers
7804, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Loren W. Tauer & Janelle R. Tauer, 1984. "Ranking Doctoral Programs by Journal Contributions of Recent Graduates," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(2), pages 170-172.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1991. "The Appointment-Book Problem and Commitment, With Applications to Refereeing and Medicine," NBER Working Papers 3928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gregory M. Perry, 1994. "Ranking M.S. and Ph.D. Graduate Programs in Agricultural Economics," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 333-340.
- Richard Beilock & Leo Polopolus, 1988. "Ranking of Agricultural Economics Departments: Influence of Regional Journals, Joint Authorship, and Self-Citations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 70(2), pages 403-409.
- Engers, Maxim & Gans, Joshua S, 1998. "Why Referees Are Not Paid (Enough)," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1341-1349, December.
- Laband, David N., 2002. "Contribution, attribution and the allocation of intellectual property rights: economics versus agricultural economics," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 125-131, February.
- Trivedi, Pravin K, 1993. "An Analysis of Publication Lags in Econometrics," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 93-100, Jan.-Marc.
- Richard Dusansky & Clayton J. Vernon, 1998. "Rankings of U.S. Economics Departments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 157-170, Winter.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1994. "Facts and Myths about Refereeing," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 153-163, Winter.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:19988. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.