Analyzing Farm Participation Decisions In Agrotourism Activities In Norway: Some Welfare Implications
The aim of this paper is to assess the role played by socio-demographic factors, the financial situation of the farm household, as well as the productive orientation and physical location of the farm on the adoption of agro-tourism activities in Norway. Agro-tourism activities in Norway can be classified mainly into two groups: a) renting of fishing and hunting rights, and b) renting of rooms on the farm, huts, cabin, and provision or direct sell of food to travelers. Results indicate that factors such as the size and the location (rural or semi-rural) of the farm play a statistically significant and more important role on the decision of renting fishing and hunting rights than on the development of other agro-tourism activities on the farm. On the contrary, socio-demographic factors such as the presence of a female partner in the household and the age of the main farm operator play a statistically significant role on the adoption of agro-tourism activities on the farm.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Madior Fall & Thierry Magnac, 2004.
"How Valuable Is On-Farm Work to Farmers?,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 267-281.
- Madior Fall & Thierry Magnac, 2002. "How Valuable is On-Farm Work to Farmers ?," Working Papers 2002-35, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Madior Fall & Thierry Magnac, 2002. "How valuable is on-farm work to farmers?," Research Unit Working Papers 0204, Laboratoire d'Economie Appliquee, INRA.
- David H. Hearn & Kevin T. McNamara & Lewell Gunter, 1996. "Local Economic Structure And Off-Farm Labour Earnings Of Farm Operators And Spouses," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1-4), pages 28-36.
- Euan Phimister & Esperanza Vera-Toscano & Alfons Weersink, 2002. "Female Participation and Labor Market Attachment in Rural Canada," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(1), pages 210-221.
- Bailey, A. & Williams, N. & Palmer, M. & Geering, R., 2000. "The farmer as service provider: the demand for agricultural commodities and equine services," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 191-204, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:19959. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.