Alternative Service Delivery Strategies For Local Governments
A model for observing public service delivery choice in the presence of economic expansion is presented. Regression techniques were used to estimate the share of county population served by volunteer fire protection from variables measuring community demands for and relative costs of fire protection services.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521894753 is not listed on IDEAS
- Borcherding, Thomas E & Deacon, Robert T, 1972. "The Demand for the Services of Non-Federal Governments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 891-901, December.
- Sass, Tim R, 1991. " The Choice of Municipal Government Structure and Public Expenditures," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 71(1-2), pages 71-87, August.
- Congleton, Roger D & Bennett, Randall W, 1995. " On the Political Economy of State Highway Expenditures: Some Evidence of the Relative Performance of Alternative Public Choice Models," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 84(1-2), pages 1-24, July.
- Duncombe, William D, 1992. "Costs and Factor Substitution in the Provision of Local Fire Services," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(1), pages 180-84, February.
- Bice, Douglas C. & Hoyt, William H., 2000.
"The Impact of Mandates and Tax Limits on Voluntary Contributions to Local Public Services: An Application to Fire-Protection Services,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 1), pages 79-104, March.
- Douglas C. Bice & William H. Hoyt, 1997. "The Impact of Mandates and Tax Limits on Voluntary Contributions to Local Public Services: An Application to Fire Protection Services," Public Economics 9704002, EconWPA.
- William D. Duncombe, 1991. "Demand for Local Public Services Revisited: the Case of Fire Protection," Public Finance Review, , vol. 19(4), pages 412-436, October.
- Romer, Thomas & Rosenthal, Howard, 1979. "The elusive median voter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 143-170, October.
- Pommerehne, Werner W & Schneider, Friedrich, 1978. "Fiscal Illusion, Political Institutions, and Local Public Spending," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 381-408.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1981. "Congested public goods: The case of fire protection," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 45-58, February.
- Stevens, Joe B & Mason, Robert, 1996. " Political Markets, Property Tax Referenda, and Local School Spending," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 86(3-4), pages 257-77, March.
- Rogers Ahlbrandt, 1973. "Efficiency in the provision of fire services," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 1-15, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea01:20705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.