On the Political Economy of State Highway Expenditures: Some Evidence of the Relative Performance of Alternative Public Choice Models
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Can Chen, 2016. "Banking on Infrastructure: Exploring the Fiscal Impacts of State Infrastructure Bank (SIB) Loans on Leveraging State and Local Transportation Investment," Public Budgeting & Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3), pages 94-113, September.
- Constantino Cronemberger Mendes & Maria da Conceição Sampaio de Sousa, 2004. "Demand For Locally Provided Public Services Within The Median Voter'S Framework: The Case Of The Brazilian Municipalities," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32nd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 027, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- JosÃ© Manuel Cruz, 2004. "Empirical analysis of the influence of voters and politicians in the public choice of Portuguese municipalities universidade portucalense," ERSA conference papers ersa04p367, European Regional Science Association.
- Benoît Le Maux, 2009.
"Governmental behavior in representative democracy: a synthesis of the theoretical literature,"
Springer, vol. 141(3), pages 447-465, December.
- Benoît Le Maux, 2009. "Governmental behavior in representative democracy: a synthesis of the theoretical literature," Post-Print halshs-00418370, HAL.
- Phuong Nguyen-Hoang, 2015. "Volatile earmarked revenues and state highway expenditures in the United States," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 237-256, March.
- Karl Widerquist, 2000. "The Public Commodities Problem," Macroeconomics 0004046, EconWPA.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:8:p:1347-:d:106591 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. K. Goel & M. A. Nelson, 2003. "Use or abuse of highway tax revenues? An economic analysis of highway spending," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(13), pages 813-819.
- repec:kap:itaxpf:v:24:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10797-016-9424-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joshua C. Hall & Serkan Karadas, 2017. "Tuition Increases Geaux Away? Evidence from Voting on Louisianaâ€™s Amendment 2," Working Papers 17-29, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Constantino Cronemberger Mendes & Maria da Conceição Sampaio de Sousa, 2004. "Demand for Locally provided Public Services Within the Median Voter`s Framework: The Case of the Brazilian Municipalities," Discussion Papers 1046, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Constantino Cronemberger Mendes & Maria da Conceição Sampaio de Sousa, 2015. "Demand for Locally Provided Public Services within the Median Voter's Framework: the Case of the Brazilian Municipalities," Discussion Papers 0134, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan & Hessami, Zohal, 2010.
"Globalization and the Composition of Public Education Expenditures: A Dynamic Panel Analysis,"
25750, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thushyanthan Baskaran & Zohal Hessami, 2010. "Globalization and the Composition of Public Education Expenditures: A Dynamic Panel Analysis," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2010-03, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Frank Goetzke & William Hankins & Gary A. Hoover, 2017. "Partisan Determinants of Federal Highway Grants," CESifo Working Paper Series 6603, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-18-00046 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cruz, Jose Manuel, 2002. "Who is fitting better to Portuguese local demand for public choice: Central government or municipal governments?," ERSA conference papers ersa02p440, European Regional Science Association.
- JosÃ© Cruz, 2001. "An empirical application of the median voter model and of the interest group influence model to the Portuguese and Galician municipalities," ERSA conference papers ersa01p25, European Regional Science Association.
- Ismael Sanz & Francisco J. Velázquez, 2003. "Fiscal illusion, fiscal consolidation and government expenditure composition in the OECD: a dynamic panel data approach," European Economy Group Working Papers 21, European Economy Group.
- Sriparna Ghosh & Joshua C. Hall, 2015. "The Political Economy of Soda Taxation," Working Papers 15-50, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Brunet, Alexia & McNamara, Kevin T. & Deboer, Larry, 2001. "Alternative Service Delivery Strategies For Local Governments," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20705, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- repec:kap:atlecj:v:45:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11293-016-9523-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dashle Kelley, 2014. "The political economy of unfunded public pension liabilities," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 158(1), pages 21-38, January.
- Joshua Hall & Shree Baba Pokharel, 2017.
"Does the Median Voter or Special Interests Determine State Highway Expenditures? Recent Evidence,"
Atlantic Economic Journal,
Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 45(1), pages 59-69, March.
- Joshua Hall & Shree Baba Pokharel, 2016. "Does the Median Voter or Special Interests Determine State Highway Expenditures? Recent Evidence," Working Papers 16-09, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:84:y:1995:i:1-2:p:1-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.